Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Proposal to scrap academy system  (Read 1659 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Proposal to scrap academy system
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2020, 09:34:22 AM »
A vote? Who by? How can the Championship clubs vote on something they don't control? Or are the PRL clubs voting on disbanding their acadamies.. or are the RFU/Championship voting on setting up their own independent 6 hubs regardless of what the PRL clubs do? If I was an up and coming young player I know which system I would join

They can vote amongst themselves and probably carry through with many of the suggestions without extenal input - eg North/South Leagues with playoffs. The more contentious ones requiring external buy-in will be difficult but with them all voting for something it will be a substantial block of pressure. More power play by the EAs (in the form of their cheating twice times CEO). This will run.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2020, 10:59:06 AM »
A North/South league system seems sensible. I wonder if they could mix in a country or maybe 6 region type competition. SE, SW, Midlands East, Midlands West and NE, NW (this would be Championship and below supplying players).

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2020, 11:00:38 AM »
By the sounds of it they want nothing to do with any other competitions- cups or otherwise.