Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Wow the A Team  (Read 11524 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Wow the A Team
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2019, 03:23:55 PM »
Good to see Alex playing for 60 mins.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2019, 03:25:34 PM »
62-14

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2019, 03:28:18 PM »
Can we please have this score next week

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2019, 03:38:59 PM »
Edit- Double post, didn't think this had gone through
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 05:34:25 PM by Brandnewtorugby »

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2019, 03:39:54 PM »
62-19

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2019, 03:41:57 PM »
Full time score. Will be interesting to see any reports. It looked one sided on Twitter.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2019, 05:11:38 PM »
Just back from the game. Bobby Bridge was, of course, there. He said he would post a report this evening, but added he had planned to leave it till tomorrow, but both he and I were buzzing.

This side played like the Wasps team at its best a couple of years ago, better actually.

Backs first then.

9. Porter. Brilliant. Just everything in attack and defense. Total 100% effort, and more.
10. Umaga. Who is that Cipriani bloke? This was a masterclass in how to do everything. Every conceivable type of pass, trick, kick, chip, side step. You name it, he pulled them off, with style. He ran the attack, and, as you can see from the score, it was lethal. He appeared all over the place, mixing it up. His defense was excellent. Yup, the real deal. He got clobbered quite a few times, shook his head and got back up.
12. Booj. Had a great game.
13 As did Neal
11. Sirker. Not a lot to say. I mean, he was on fire. Again, also good in defense.
14. Atta. Had a good game, but not much space.
15. Anderson. Full back did not seem to be the best place for him.

1. West. Took a knock and struggled on till half time.
2. Antonio Harris. A good game.
3. Langley. Great game. A nuisance in the tackle and loose, ripping the ball quite a few times.
4. Cardall. Great game. He is going to be a great asset in the first team when he gets there, the sooner the better.
5. Matthews. I can never understand why he doesn't make the cut for the first 23 very often. Great game. I actually saw him make a decent pass at one point!
6. Rieder. Did not quite look fully match fit, and he looked annoyed when replaced. Coughed a few balls up in the tackle (ripped I think). Wasn't quite as fast or as intensive as I used to see him be.
7. Seabrook. Busy worked all over the place. Saw him a lot making tackles.
8. Atkinson. Solid at the back of the scrum.

The replacements were used of course. None of the front row were as good as the starters. Brookes looked seriously not ready for return. He was slowing after just 10 minutes. The Tigers attack soon looked for him the defensive line and, as long as they didn't get too close, ran rings round him. Jardine was quite disappointing. If he could learn to pass, we would have had at least two more tries.

If we are looking just at the young ones to see which will be seen in the first 23 soonest, then that must be Sirker and Umaga. Then Porter, then Cardall. I would love to see Robson, Umaga, Sopoaga, Fekitoa, Bassett, Sirker and Minozzi as a starting backs lineup.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2019, 05:16:16 PM »
Thanks Nelly. Interesting report.

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2019, 05:18:08 PM »
Wow that’s an impressive score line. Sirker asking some serious questions, what will Dai do

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2019, 05:28:35 PM »
Thanks for the report Nelly. I think it is great that Wasps had the opportunity to put some first team players into the A league. Shame (but no surprise) to read that some of the returnees were not yet match fit. So It may be that the Leicester team are more developmental than Wasps, but I hope the game builds some confidence throughout the Wasps squad that can carry through to the GP. It also sounds like some are poised to breakthrough, which in turn should motivate the incumbents.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2019, 05:34:53 PM »
And Wasps Ladies won as well  25 -17  :)
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2019, 05:42:30 PM »
From the Tigers fans around me, I do not think there was a mismatch in experience in the teams. Tigers had some pretty big guys in their team. On paper, they should have been pretty much even. But you could see that the Wasps backs in particular were very well coached and led. And by led, I mean Umaga. You could see him running the game. He appears to have an attacking brain better than Cips, moves the ball better than Cips and is way better in defense (and organising the defense). He was THAT good. He has learnt and lot and developed his game tremendously in the last twelve months or more. Kudos to him for that.

Right now, if it was a choice between him, Cips or Sopoaga, I would pick him. Versus Miller, there is no debate for me. Dai has a really difficult decision to make over these next few games. Does he roll the dice, or play safe? My gut says he will play it safe, and it will backfire. My heart says, give Jacob the shot.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2019, 05:46:49 PM »
Sirker is clearly very good.  But I have it on good authority that Spink is going to be at least as good if not better.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Fats

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2019, 07:03:31 PM »
Was Dai at the match?

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2019, 07:09:27 PM »
Reported to have been along with Derek and many first team players.  Dai rarely seems to miss these matches unless there is a conflict.