Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Marcus Watson  (Read 4264 times)

bournender2

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Marcus Watson
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2019, 09:40:25 AM »
He was a great member of England 7s team. Was disappointed that they lost him to Falcons at the time, but was expecting him to flourish at some stage in 15s and never bought into the nay sayers.

To see RFU trying to save £ by disbanding the squad makes me angry. There may be some thing to be said that it doesn't flow into the Olympic team, but Scotland sure as h  l won't buy into a permanent mixed squad?

The latest 15s recruit R McConnachie (sp?) had 2 years with 7s and is a highlight at Bath this season. Rieko Ioane was just as staggering in 7s at 18 as he is now in 15s. The commentators said yesterday that Olawafela - the 2nd - is signed by Northampton for next season. Alex Gray was taken by Quins, and then went off to NFL. Lomu as a teenager. So many examples it would take all day. 7s is a theatre to mature and educate players in the game. It gets them seriously fit.

The Olympic program means that the majority of the "new rugby countries" will take it more seriously than 15s. The governments will pour £ in at the expense of 15s, as they dont have the player base of the old countries but want the more easily achievable Olympic kudos. I told my boy it was only a matter of time before the USA ruled 7s, and this season it has started to show. Appeared in 5 of the 7 finals so far and lead the table. (O/T rant over :-) )

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Re: Marcus Watson
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2019, 09:30:37 AM »
He is in the Telegraph's team of the weekend.

Happily hauled in a long-range Willie le Roux pass to score against Worcester but Watson was a livewire all afternoon long, beating nine defenders against the Warriors. Notably did not miss a tackle either.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!