Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Chatting to the players after the Worcester game  (Read 2479 times)

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Chatting to the players after the Worcester game
« on: April 07, 2019, 08:41:33 AM »
Yesterday I was lucky enough to get to spend some time in the players' lounge both before and after the game.  Beforehand there weren't many around, but I got to ask Jack Willis about his injury.  He said his ankle was playing up a little, but was very relaxed and friendly.  Couldn't give enough time to the kids, and most importantly wasn't walking as if he had an injured ankle.  I suspect we'll see him back pretty quickly.

Afterwards the most important conversation I'd say was with Jimmy who said he was still on track to be back soon.  I also got to ask Lima if he was OK after having been taken off with what seemed a knock and he said he was fine.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Chatting to the players after the Worcester game
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2019, 11:31:12 AM »
Didn’t you ask any juicy questions VV? I might have been tempted to corner Daly!!

Good atmosphere between the players and no evidence of a toxic environment I assume??

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2019, 11:47:41 AM »
Didn’t you ask any juicy questions VV? I might have been tempted to corner Daly!!

I'd have been tempted to gently enquire of Lima how he managed to miss a sitter in front of the posts ;)

Good atmosphere between the players and no evidence of a toxic environment I assume??

I don't think there has ever been a toxic environment which has been asserted as fact by some DW posters. One or two shit stirring disgruntled players, either already gone or going.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2019, 01:07:18 PM »

I don't think there has ever been a toxic environment which has been asserted as fact by some DW posters. One or two shit stirring disgruntled players, either already gone or going.

Yes, this was largely tongue in cheek but I still do find it interesting how the players divide themselves up away from their changing room groups and Instagram buddies, and instead with their families and the fans

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2019, 09:37:47 PM »
Great to hear some positivity coming from the players VV. Who did you tip off to get into the players lounge?

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2019, 09:52:56 PM »
Great to hear some positivity coming from the players VV. Who did you tip off to get into the players lounge?

I had quite a chat to Tom Cruse ( My new favourite player) and he laughed at me when I said I wasnt worried about relegation now. He said that was never gonna happen and that top 6 if not 4 was the goal.

And three years ago when my son went into remission Derek rang me to say how pleased he was (out of the blue). We've stayed in touch from time to time and he offered to arrange it next time I brought the kids to a match.  He's a genuinely lovely guy and we're very lucky to have him at the helm.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2019, 10:00:02 PM »

I had quite a chat to Tom Cruse ( My new favourite player) and he laughed at me when I said I wasnt worried about relegation now. He said that was never gonna happen and that top 6 if not 4 was the goal.

And three years ago when my son went into remission Derek rang me to say how pleased he was (out of the blue). We've stayed in touch from time to time and he offered to arrange it next time I brought the kids to a match.  He's a genuinely lovely guy and we're very lucky to have him at the helm.

That sounds great to be honest. Good to hear your son is doing well now. Always good feels in regards to Derek - your experience proves me right

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2019, 10:06:35 PM »

Though nothing like your experience, I met Nick Eastwood the morning after a match in the first season we were at the Ricoh. Had a chat to him, and he was genuinely excited about the move, the need for it, and rugby in general, his wife came over and asked if I'd seen what had happened in the quins game the evening before (the one where botica failed to kick it out, and they conceded another try and lost). Much like the impression I've got of Derek, they were both excited about rugby, not just Wasps.