Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Exeter game (Spoilers within)  (Read 14948 times)

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Exeter game (Spoilers within)
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2019, 04:05:49 PM »
Listening to the commentary, Healey said Chiefs were cheating with some of their plays, so think the Chiefs fans need to look closer to home,

Nopace

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2019, 05:48:04 PM »
A mate, chiefs fan, is visiting me tomorrow, we’ll have sensible discussion, he’s a big lad but he’s out of shape, and for me, it’s a living. ;)

Seriously tho, i’m Interested to hear his take as he was there. Too much time wasting and not allowing Exocet ruck clearances maybe. Who knows.

Marlovian

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2019, 06:24:48 PM »
I thought Luke Pierce was pretty consistent overall and had a good game.

There was one passage of play however when we were camped out on the Exeter try line (about 50 minutes and just before Nathan's disallowed try) where I felt he was very forgiving of Exeter disrupting the beakdown. It was somewhere here where Armand (????) got himself on the wrong side of the ruck and "accidentally" played the ball. This drew Healy's comment.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2019, 06:37:49 PM »
I thought Luke Pierce was pretty consistent overall and had a good game.

There was one passage of play however when we were camped out on the Exeter try line (about 50 minutes and just before Nathan's disallowed try) where I felt he was very forgiving of Exeter disrupting the beakdown. It was somewhere here where Armand (????) got himself on the wrong side of the ruck and "accidentally" played the ball. This drew Healy's comment.

That drove me mad. Wrong side of the ruck, on the floor, hits the ball forwards disrupting decent attacking ball. We didn't even get a knock on advantage.

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2019, 08:34:56 PM »
Well, I will admit to seeing more dodgy decisions and foul play when we lose! I guess I have had more opportunities to get used to it than Exeter supporters, so don't feel the need to post on bulletin boards! Enjoying this though!

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2019, 09:41:45 AM »
Thought Pearce (sp?) was very generous to them at scrum time to start with.....

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2019, 09:56:17 AM »
I've been a long time critic of the reffing of the breakdown, overall, it wasn't too bad a performance but I think Exeter were allowed a "certain latitude" whilst playing off the floor, which I thought we weren't and certainly one penalty awarded against us at scrum time went the wrong way

That said, we always think the ref is against us.....

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2019, 11:05:42 AM »
That said, we always think the ref is against us.....

It does feel like there’s an increasing shift towards blaming Referees at times although I tend find it’s increased amongst crowds at games, rather than from those watching on TV - I certainly feel more aggrieved watching games live when perhaps perfectly plausible explanations for decisions are apparent, but we don’t get the benefit of being exposed to them when in the stands (unless you have the reflink device).

I think this year the odd poor decision has hit us harder than it would have in previous seasons with our confidence down, it’s also led to us a couple of times losing our heads - Sale at home a prime example.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2019, 04:02:11 PM »
My personal bugbear is the breakdown and (lack) of reffing at the ruck - I do think we've been a little unlucky at times at the breakdown, Sunday no exception. Probably "well done" Exeter, but another ref would have been perhaps more focused on hands and "falling" the wrong side - but only my opinion

Ref in the Glaws/Bath game was excellent as he made it clear to the players which cut most of the hands in the air stuff we often see - and I so think that's probably the best way of keeping the game "explainable" as seen

I do think offside and fwd passes bug crowds a lot too

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2019, 04:07:00 PM »

IMHO I think those two things alone cause the most clashes between fans.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2019, 04:13:36 PM »

Aren't they more the responsibility of the assistant referees ( I still think of them as touch judges) than the ref himself?
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2019, 04:16:42 PM »

Aren't they more the responsibility of the assistant referees ( I still think of them as touch judges) than the ref himself?
Yes I think so

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2019, 04:23:10 PM »
This is puzzling as certain Refs use them differently.  Not too sure that should happen but on Reflink sometimes you hear interjections and other times silence. Weird and should be made clear.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2019, 04:29:57 PM »
My personal bugbear is the breakdown and (lack) of reffing at the ruck - I do think we've been a little unlucky at times at the breakdown, Sunday no exception. Probably "well done" Exeter, but another ref would have been perhaps more focused on hands and "falling" the wrong side - but only my opinion

Ref in the Glaws/Bath game was excellent as he made it clear to the players which cut most of the hands in the air stuff we often see - and I so think that's probably the best way of keeping the game "explainable" as seen

Funnily enough, I think crowds think there's a lot more offsides and forwards passes than there really are quite often.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2019, 04:44:18 PM »
Offside, not straight lineout throw ins and forward passes must be clearly so. If they are not clearly so, then they are not at all.