Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Additions to Squad  (Read 10344 times)

RBB

• It’s like trying to tackle a snooker table!
    • View Profile
Re: Additions to Squad
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2019, 11:56:19 AM »
Me too but he signed a new 2 year deal in January this year; Simon Hammersley: Newcastle Falcons full-back signs new deal http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/47069503

This article with Mark Wilson is a good read as well https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/article-6961305/England-flanker-Mark-Wilson-delays-decision-future-focus-beating-drop.html
It was fine when I left it.....

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2019, 12:30:40 PM »

Tighthead, Brookes, Toomaga Allen, Owlett, Langley. Potentially after another here? Depending on how they feel Langley is developing.

Mike Daniels and Biyi Alo signed at TH also so probably no more there.

I think Langley will go. He has not been used much at all when fit, is now about 25 and has 5 more experienced THs ahead of him. Perhaps the championship beckons.

Langley is playing for Cov 2s in Jersey Saturday.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2019, 04:40:36 PM »
Langleys age won't be an issue. In the last 5 or so seasons he's come from nowhere up the leagues. Spent a long time injured with us too. Question is whether we think there's still more potential to come.

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2019, 06:15:33 PM »
Langleys age won't be an issue. In the last 5 or so seasons he's come from nowhere up the leagues. Spent a long time injured with us too. Question is whether we think there's still more potential to come.

Possible loan to Coventry next season to work with Rowland Winter who he was with at Cambridge?

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2019, 10:21:14 PM »
Take a look at this week's Wasp second row. That is the second row we put out with just one injury and one call up/enforced rest game.
Imagine that in a final lifting a trophy? Me neither. Sarries' and Chiefs' second string locks look considerably stronger. I am not criticising those in the starting shirt or on the bench, they have plenty to offer, I am suggesting unequivocally that we need one more top signing so that ww can bring on a Itoje/Skelton/Kruis whatever. Take Launch away for a whole year, Gopperth style, and we are in a bit of trouble, and only one strong signing away from a very reasonable set of second rows.

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2019, 12:17:52 AM »
Totally agree on our second row. Sarries are arguably overstocked but with itoje, kruis, Skelton, iziekwe, day, Rhodes and Kpoku available to play there we do look weak.
Surprised we have not been linked to any either this year especially with some big names like snyman and de jäger being linked with moves to the premiership.
Think we are missing another first choice lock to push Gaskell and Launchbury and be available all year.
Although Symons was injured for much of last year Matthews has replaced him and has arguably been a signing that has added very little coming in as fifth choice.