Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Why has Wasps' Ricoh Arena form collapsed this season?  (Read 2174 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Why has Wasps' Ricoh Arena form collapsed this season?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2019, 10:01:26 AM »
I think the form at the Ricoh is as a result of our form in general. We play half our games there in a season so it makes it look like our form at the Ricoh is poor, whereas its just our levels of performance in general is poor and it just so happens that half the games are at one ground

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2019, 10:17:43 AM »
Nothing new there. Just a trying season for all concerned.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Tervueren

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2019, 11:22:19 AM »
Or perhaps lack of try-ing. Our defence seems to have held station with the past couple of years and our try scoring has dropped off a cliff. (not a surprise with who we have lost/been without).

There seems to be more panic at home, as if they are more nervous of losing, and then it become a self fulfilling prophecy. However, that feeling could just be imagination.

welsh wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2019, 01:48:15 PM »
So what happened at Exeter when nearly everything went right?

Tervueren

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2019, 02:35:37 PM »
Perhaps the weight of expectation was less, apparently no one thought they would win.

egg shaped man

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2019, 05:02:05 PM »
I think they played for themselves, as mentioned, everyone had them to lose, so they went out and 'found themselves'

After all they are not bad players, but for some reason they can not get it together when they are expected to.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2019, 09:00:05 PM »
For me our away form is actually not bad, some good wins, and even lost matches like Tigers were fine performance wise and we deserved more. Contrast with Sale or Newcastle at home, where we lost by a small margin by the performance was awful.
To be near the bottom of the league at home but third for away wins actually sounds like more than statistical noise. We might have had worse or more inexperienced refs at home or something, but for me Bath at home symbolises the malaise, I would suggest it might be psychological, a reaction to the pressure. Winning breeds winning, and players on a losing streak at home might feel more pressure than in away matches at traditionally difficult places to go.