Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Morning All  (Read 4285 times)

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Morning All
« on: May 05, 2019, 07:41:41 AM »
Typical early February morning here today, hope its warmer down in Barf. Off for a ride on my motorbike later, before getting back to watch the game on my computer.

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: Morning All
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2019, 08:01:17 AM »
Morning Nelly morning all. No motorcycling for me this weekend unfortunately but the Trumpet did get a wash yesterday.

My itinerary for the day is dog walk, Moto GP, Sunday Roast as then the big game from the sofa. It's looking likely that we will need to win the next two games or the very least a bonus point today and a 5 point win against Quins to finish in the top six.

COYW

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2019, 08:14:45 AM »
Morning all.

Moto GP for me as well (on the bucket list to go to Jerez).

Safe travels to those visiting barf.

Chilham

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2019, 08:19:30 AM »
Morning Nelly', morning coddy, morning all

Have been nominated to cook today, as the lovely Mrs. Chilham hurt her leg in the week.  Have decided to break out my old paella recipe.  We'll see how it goes.

Went to watch Canterbury win promotion to Nat. 1 yesterday by beating Chester in the play-off.  Good luck to them next season.  It'll be great to have the likes of Richmond, Rosslyn Park, Blackheath, Plymouth Albion etc. coming to Merton Lane.

As for today, I have high-hopes but only moderate expectations.  It would be great to finish the season with two wins.  Don't know if we have it in us to do that.

Come on .... you Wasps too-loo-rye-aye!

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2019, 08:27:38 AM »
Morning All!

It's bright and sunny down here, but as I'm about 2 and half hourtse from Bath it's not really relevant.  I'm taking middle child out for some dedicated Daddy time this afternoon and while I'd love to take him to the game, it's not really feasible.  We will both be following it closely though all the same.

I'm not convinced we'll get a win, but with the team we're putting out we really should.  I wouldn't be surprised by anything from them hammering us, through to us doing the same to them.  Though in likelihood I'm actually expecting a fairly dull game leading to a close win for Bath.  I hope I'm wrong though.

Travel safely all those of you who are driving down to the rec, shout loud, have fun, and let us know how it goes!
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2019, 08:28:00 AM »
Morning all. Having had my fill of standing rain sodden watching ball sports the thought of going to Bath to sit in the rain (yes I know it is sunny at least one day a yaar) makes my bones wince. Might watch BT but have a bad feeling. Any travellers hope you stay dry and vaguely warm. Time for the dog walk.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Wiltshire Wasp

• Loving Coventry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2019, 08:29:16 AM »
Good morning all. Looks chilly and clear outside, haven’t stuck head out of window yet. Spot of breakfast before 1118 bus to Bath, I expect us to get something out of this game which strikes me as being between two teams that want top six but don’t want top four. It might even be very entertaining with skill and errors in equal parts.

I will be in the expensive uncovered standing, let’s hope it doesn’t rain.

Safe journey to all.
“In a world full of Kardashians be an Audrey”.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2019, 09:00:43 AM »
Morning all.
I have just been eulogising about Bath on the DW site. Cracking place, I can forgive the Rec's lack of cover. Can't spend too long there, although if I stay for too long I would turn into a Sally Lunn bun, probably with chocolate butter if my daughter was about.
Safe travels to all, I just can't call this- feels close- which probably means we will be stuffed or romp to victory.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2019, 09:20:51 AM »
Morning All.

This really is do or Dai today, in respect of Champions Cup qualification next season.

We can win it and potentially win it well. But our mindset has to be spot on. No stupid errors that have characterised much of our season so far. We have to exhibit a desire and doggedness that we have only shown in brief spells, apart from the last 50 mins at Sandy Park.

It's in our hands. The huge question is can we deliver. The bookies think not but they were wrong a couple of weeks ago.

Safe travels to all venturing west.

#COYW

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2019, 09:36:04 AM »
Morning all, as people have mentioned is a must win today as Sale will probably (understandably) face Glaws reserves next week ahead of their playoff game. I will be keeping cool at my daughter's snowboard lesson in Tamworth snowdome during the game. Safe travels all.

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2019, 10:33:50 AM »
Morning All, had planned to go to Bath but with the way the team had been playing decided to give the (expensive) Rec a miss this year.
Regretting it a touch now as the weather looks great for a weekend in Bath.

Hoping the same team that turned up at Sandy Park turn up at the Rec.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2019, 10:45:46 AM »
Morning all.  A bit chilly in Hastings. I would like the maximum 10 points from the last two games. Tries should be the order of the day. Eschew penalty kicks at goal. After the magnificent win at Sandy Park, we let ourselves down against the estate agents. Though it sticks in my throat, they are a magnificent team. But it was just 3 tries to 2 - penalties punished us. We should have come away with something :-[

Allez, allez, allez.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2019, 12:09:23 PM »
Morning all.

Putting the felt on my log cabin this afternoon so probably won't be watching closely. I'll follow the score and maybe watch later.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2019, 12:32:36 PM »
Typical early February morning here today, hope its warmer down in Barf. Off for a ride on my motorbike later, before getting back to watch the game on my computer.

Living but 15km from Bath - all I can say is that it is bloody freezing unless the sun comes out.

What do you ride btw? Tiger 1050 this end, possibly changing to a KTM 1090 soon, if funds permit

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2019, 01:08:14 PM »

Living but 15km from Bath - all I can say is that it is bloody freezing unless the sun comes out.

What do you ride btw? Tiger 1050 this end, possibly changing to a KTM 1090 soon, if funds permit

Coddy rides a Triumph (was it a Street Twin or Triple?), I ride a Honda CB1100RS. Glorious ride with two mates; one on a Tiger 1200 and the other on a Ducati Monster 821. Ended up at a petrol head pub called Caffeine & Machine; hundreds of bikes of all types and a lot of expensive cars. If you are ever near Stratford-upon-Avon, worth a visit (if it isn't full, which it can be on sunny days).

Just waiting for the kick off now.