Always a Wasp

Author Topic: TRP  (Read 2223 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
TRP
« on: May 05, 2019, 08:22:48 AM »
Yet again no rumours about us!
However there is a letter about us playing a buzz over the tannoy to drown out opposition fans. Also complaining about the drums over the tannoy.
Now the buzz is not new because it was certainly used at Adams Park. I dont think the drums are miked up just loud.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: TRP
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2019, 08:30:04 AM »
Yet again no rumours about us!
However there is a letter about us playing a buzz over the tannoy to drown out opposition fans. Also complaining about the drums over the tannoy.
Now the buzz is not new because it was certainly used at Adams Park. I dont think the drums are miked up just loud.

My personal opinion on the buzz and the drums is that the more they annoy visiting fans the more I like them.  We should take any chance we can get to make the home advantage count more.

And yes, we definitely used the Buzz at AP, though there is a bit of me that wants us to go back to using the Benny Hill theme when the oppo run out.  Was that Sarries?
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2019, 08:32:41 AM »
A "buzz" over the tannoy?? Are you sure its not the writer's hearing aid that is faulty?

W2APS

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2019, 08:46:05 AM »
The only buzz we play now is when the team are about to run out. I also cannot remember hearing it played mid match since Loftus Road

The drummers are also not mic'd up, so they're definitely not over the speaker system.

Sounds like someone is just being a miserable sod!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 08:47:56 AM by W2APS »

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2019, 09:03:13 AM »
My daughter loves it, pretty sure all the kids do. It will be their game after we are gone, chap can just buzz off....

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2019, 09:13:02 AM »
Nothing is worse than the Chiefs dirge IMHO.

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2019, 10:31:38 AM »
Probably a Chiefs fan as they seem to be the ones who complain about it the most.

The buzz doesn't start until the opposition team are mostly out on the pitch and the drums have never been played over the tannoy, the fact the Ricoh has no open ends like other Rugby grounds results in the noise staying in the ground.

Tervueren

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2019, 11:03:15 AM »
The only time I found the drums annoying, and I am a miserable git, was when getting a mexican wave going during the last Leinster match, which interrupted trying to watch the play. The buzz is great, it is a Wasps match after all, and during the match the drums get a unified shout going for the team which is needed more than ever with our current Ricoh nerves.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2019, 12:05:42 PM »
I did find out funny when these people complain, yetyou can clearly hear the likes of Quins and chiefs using the tannoy to kickstart chants.