Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Is This an Apology from Luke Pearce?  (Read 2011 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Is This an Apology from Luke Pearce?
« on: May 09, 2019, 11:26:45 PM »
What referee Luke Pearce said about Wasps' disallowed try against Bath

Bobby Bridge reports:

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/rugby/wasps-bath-josh-bassett-try-16253311

SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Is This an Apology from Luke Pearce?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2019, 07:07:36 AM »
To be honest referees lose either way, this time Pearce allowed the try to be scored ignoring his AR call of forward and then checking it with TMO causing some confusion.
A couple of seasons ago Pearce I believe was the ref when Robson scored against Saints as the AR gave a foot in touch, that time Pearce blew up immediately but the replays showed he wasn't out, he couldn't change then check his decision as he had blown play dead.

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2019, 07:34:47 AM »
Off feet, straight feed, wonky defensive lines, ahead of the kick off all managed pragmatically often more pragmatic than clear and obvious despite often being significant to scoring. Try scored, then things like off-side and forward pass are analysed to death to a way higher standard than clear and obvious, seems to favour certain teams style.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2019, 08:15:20 AM »

Robson's dissallowed try was pretty poor but I don't blame the ref in that instance. He (or she) can't review every decision made by the AR and if the AR was 3m away and was certain then the ref has to take that at gospel.

It does bring into the question the ability of some of the AR's. Do any of them actually ref premier league games? I know at international level the AR's are quite often international level ref's.

Some of the premiership AR's are quite recognisable but I'm struggling to recall them taking charge of a game?

ricohchezwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2019, 08:39:55 AM »
shame its too late, and after the JP doyle debacle at Welford Road, we have been officially shafted this season

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2019, 01:03:47 PM »
We have had the brown end of the stick all year. One of those things that has hurt us all year.