Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Lol on Wasps' 'fundamental issue'  (Read 3991 times)

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Lol on Wasps' 'fundamental issue'
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2019, 07:06:58 PM »
Launchbury's contract is up at the end of next season is it not. It could be a prod to engage early with him to tie him down.

I would be very surprised if launchbury unfortunately re-signs. I can see him leaving I’m afraid, winning things is something I’m sure he would like to do.

If we play like we did this season again and again not make champions cup he will be off. Not making top 6 is I believe not acceptable to launchbury

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2019, 07:30:23 PM »
Why? There are many international players playing for teams that are not Saracens or Exeter employees. Quins and Leicester have a plethora of them and then add in the backs from Bath and the Bristol big money signings and that argument becomes mute.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2019, 09:19:25 PM »
There are two types of players, those who want to win stuff by joining whoever is already doing best, and those who want to be integral in making their own team more successful.

I'm hoping Launch is the latter.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Rifleman Harris

• Wasps Rugby Fan and MND Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2019, 09:43:46 PM »
Saturday may be able to afford every international, but they can't all play at once so inevitably some will cease to be internationals. That will be as important to some as winning things in the short term. I suspect Launchbury is one of them. After Sarries, Exeter may occasionally win something but are likely to be runners up and then nobody else is really close. So, really, if you want to win something it's Sarries or bust which may jeapodise a lucrative international spot.