Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Paolo Odogwu on the move perhaps  (Read 13380 times)

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Paolo Odogwu on the move perhaps
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2019, 11:13:43 PM »
I think I can safely claim this scoop?

If you think about our wing challenge last year, CW = left/retired from Rugby Union, MW = easily injured in the earlier part of the season, RN = makeshift but did well and JB = overplayed and worked too hard. I think we need a natural wing as cover and although raw, Dai sees something in him. As stated previously out and out wingers rarely provide bench cover, so his chances will be limited but he will I hope get chances and needs to seize them.

I am reasonably content with this signing.

Me too. We saw the impact of playing too many games on MleB last season when he had to shoulder a lot of responsibility and game time too early in his Wasps career  - so wing cover is a good thing as rotation ought be used to keep people fresh

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2019, 09:13:58 AM »
Arguably the best winger for the first few months of the season (do we now refer to it as last season.. I'm guessing so) was a centre from the championship.

He grasped the opportunity with both hands (I hope he gets more game time at 13 next season) so I'm hoping Paolo (there must be a story behind that name - was mum or dad a fan of Paolo Rossi?) will do the same and make the most of the new challenge. He has all the athletic and physical attributes a winger needs.. does he have what's necessary between the ears to succeed.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 09:37:34 AM by BG »

welsh wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2019, 06:08:39 PM »
BG: We were concerned about watson for a while but he certainly came good towards the end of the season.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2019, 07:32:49 PM »
A sprinter and agile winger will always struggle with severe tendonitis. We don't always have the info to understand why a player is struggling.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 07, 2019, 12:03:19 PM »
Welsh Wasp - After Feb or March.. Watson obviously had come back into full fitness... but none of us knew that he was struggling earlier in the season. A lot of players probably play with niggles but his try against Leic was something else.

He stood Holmes up.. Holmes gave him the outside and Watson took it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMYV1My0KmY