Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Signing up for RugbyPass...  (Read 1612 times)

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Signing up for RugbyPass...
« on: May 21, 2019, 03:30:18 PM »
That time of year when playing cat-and-mouse with the Broadband/TV Providers and trying to figure out what’s best value as a Rugby Fan and F1 Fan, it really means needing both BT Sport and Sky F1 (more choice = better for the consumer... Yeah, right!).

Looking at the options with cashback, Now Broadband (ultimately, Sky using BT Lines...) has 63mb on a 12 month contract for £35 a month less £85 cashback via Quidco so £28 or so a month when factored in.

No need for BT Sport until the Prem kicks off and then could either bolt-on BT Sport at whatever charges they’re offering, or thinking about getting a RugbyPass account. 

Q: for any RugbyPass members - I’ll need a VPN at the point of sign-up as it’s an Asia based service.  Once signed up, do can I use as normal from the UK or does it always have to recognise a login from Asia?

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Re: Signing up for RugbyPass...
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 03:51:05 PM »
Q: for any RugbyPass members - I’ll need a VPN at the point of sign-up as it’s an Asia based service.  Once signed up, do can I use as normal from the UK or does it always have to recognise a login from Asia?

No, you will have to use your VPN, with a far east IP address, to login everytime you want to view. Some say that you don't need to keep your VPN active whilst viewing. I have never tested this as it is no problem for me to keep it on. I use Mullvad VPN which costs 5 euros a month and usually place myself in Singapore - sometimes India, Hong Kong or Japan. Now is the time to take an annual sub to Pugbypass as they are currently offering a 50% discount for a year's sub. Simply use the promo code EURO50 to get 12 months rugby which costs approx £65 per annum.  A UK billing address is just fine.

I have been using Rugbypass for 2 seasons now and the picture quality is usually excellent and there is very little lag. I watch on my 19 in desktop PC monitor. They also have an app but I know nothing about it.

A list of best VPN's for 2019 can be found here: https://www.techradar.com/vpn/best-vpn

SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!