Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Academy Graduates  (Read 12020 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Academy Graduates
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2019, 06:47:42 PM »
It's??
Let me tell you something cucumber

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2019, 07:01:56 PM »
I'm scratching my head as to why someone would refer to another person as "it".. unless they live in sewers tempting children .. but then you'd have to name check Stephen King?

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2019, 09:33:39 PM »
I read it as '...it's that he's...'

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2019, 06:35:20 AM »
I read it as '...it's that he's...'

+1, same

FishingWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2019, 12:54:55 PM »
Offy site link into Senior Academy shows Umanga's photo.
Yet the individual detail show others name and photo, apart from Umanga iwho is named but photo is greyed out.
Should we read anything into this, or has it been the case for a while?

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2019, 01:22:43 PM »
Been like that a while. It might be that his later return plus being out on loan that his photo never made it to the site.

Rory87

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2019, 01:31:04 PM »
I know this is an old thread, but I wasn't sure which one to post this on as I'm not a fan of them going off on tangents and the primary topic being forgotten.

Judging by Umaga's comments on Wasps instagram announcement of Paolo... "unluggy @sirkerct_24"... and Skirker’s reply... "@jacobumaga stay in NZ kid"... it would seem Umaga is in NZ and not announced as a graduate as a result.

Pair this with Jonathan Pendlebury's encouraging comments on Twitter about us not all making assumptions just yet, when we all panicked that Umaga was off as he wasn't named... It would seem he's still a Wasps player and we're still fully invested in his development.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 01:53:31 PM by Rory87 »

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2019, 01:35:52 PM »
Hope you are 100% right.

NellyWellyWaspy

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2019, 02:01:43 PM »
I know this is an old thread, but I wasn't sure which one to post this on as I'm not a fan of them going off on tangents and the primary topic being forgotten.

Judging by Umaga's comments on Wasps instagram announcement of Paolo... "unluggy @sirkerct_24"... and Skirker’s reply... "@jacobumaga stay in NZ kid"... it would seem Umaga is in NZ and not announced as a graduate as a result.

Pair this with Jonathan Pendlebury's encouraging comments on Twitter about us not all making assumptions just yet, when we all panicked that Umaga was off as he wasn't named... It would seem he's still a Wasps player and we're still fully invested in his development.

So, are we currently on a main squad of 47, after the signing of Odogwu. Assuming Kiribige rumours to be true, with an announcement due this week, and IF Umaga comes back after the Super Rugby ends in July and IF he also signs, our main squad would be 49 strong!

Let's hope that this year we start rotating players as a matter of course.

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2019, 03:05:12 PM »
Really is looking like a new approach, moving away from superstars, lots of home grown talent. Bigger squad as a result, hopefully less injuries and less impact of injuries. As you said Nelly may take a couple of years. If the proposals regarding promotion and relegation go through then there will be no relegation next season, perfect timing to develop players without that risk.

Good to meet you at the CAMRIDER open day Nelly, nice bike.

NellyWellyWaspy

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2019, 01:09:57 PM »
Really is looking like a new approach, moving away from superstars, lots of home grown talent. Bigger squad as a result, hopefully less injuries and less impact of injuries. As you said Nelly may take a couple of years. If the proposals regarding promotion and relegation go through then there will be no relegation next season, perfect timing to develop players without that risk.

Good to meet you at the CAMRIDER open day Nelly, nice bike.

Great to meet you too. I see Kibirige has now signed. All we need now is news of Umaga.

ricohchezwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2019, 10:44:44 PM »
Just to say Tom Robinson was right and 8 graduates were promoted, I had heard Umaga was one of those so a little surprised not on the original list

NellyWellyWaspy

• View Profile