Always a Wasp

Author Topic: TRP  (Read 10029 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: TRP
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2019, 01:20:19 PM »
I don't think Falcons are "letting players go". I think it is just a case of those that can are looking to further their careers. Falcons would like to keep as many as possible to ensure a quick bounce.
Let me tell you something cucumber

welsh wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2019, 03:23:43 PM »
Re Sean Long, I sometimes watch St Helens on TV and he is sitting next to the Director of Rugby so he must still be employed there.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2019, 04:25:00 PM »
Kibirige has always looked decent to me. We have been light in terms of wing options of late with Watson's return to form being a huge bonus and relief. Watson, Bassett, Sirker, Odogwu (assumed) and Kibirige (assumed) represents good options and you'd have to imagine they'll all be available all season.

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2019, 05:52:09 PM »
Re Sean Long, I sometimes watch St Helens on TV and he is sitting next to the Director of Rugby so he must still be employed there.

Assistant coach at St Helens, been involved with Orrell RU and Samoa RL prior to that.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2019, 07:14:18 PM »
What is Sean Long being look at as? I have to assume defence coach? St Helens certainly seem to have had a great defence, but a very different sport. I tend to dislike league defence coaches, as I often feel they miss the importance of the breakdown, and with a potential backrow of Carr, Willis and Young, that would be criminal.

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2019, 08:18:51 PM »
Blake and Davis were RL journeyman applying their trades as defence coaches, not always successful but Union became littered with them after the success of Edwards and the blitz defence.
Wouldn’t mind a RL coach coming in for defence at all if it was to do with alignment and systems. I imagine another guy working on the breakdown in amongst that would also be beneficial - although Young and Willis clearly know already what they’re doing here. Not sure we’re bad in this department at all, just some are better over the ball than others and sometimes depending on our back row and locks a bit slow to the breakdown.

I would really hope Sean Long is on skills and attack as a coach, such a fantastic player to watch in his day

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2019, 08:52:54 PM »
They know what they're doing at the breakdown, but if the defensive structure calls for 13 men spread in a line, with a fullback, then no one is to commit at the breakdown.

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2019, 10:22:41 PM »
Which is why I thought a specific breakdown guy working with a RL system guy could be a good thing, finding a good balance
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 10:25:02 PM by JonnyD »

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2019, 11:27:09 AM »
Not convinced he is what we want, was hoping for a bit more quality.

Too many players coming in over the last 2 seasons that will do a job but not convinced will help push us back to a top 4 team

RBB

• It’s like trying to tackle a snooker table!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2019, 07:58:48 PM »
According to Rugby Pass Kibirige has put pen to paper, which is perhaps what Dai was implying when he said we were spent up to the cap (clearly Kibirige is only part of that cost)...

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/kibirige-the-latest-to-leave-newcastle-following-relegation/

Things are set to get worse before they get better, however, as RugbyPass understands that Zach Kibirige has agreed a deal with Wasps and that a contract between the two parties has already been signed.

Kibirige, 24, has impressed in the opportunities that have come his way over the last couple of seasons, but with Vereniki Goneva and Sinoti Sinoti in place at Kingston Park, those opportunities have not been as regular as he would have liked. His departure will come as a blow for Newcastle, who would have been looking to build around the offensive talent next season, during which Goneva and Sinoti will turn 36 and 34 respectively.

It was fine when I left it.....

Rory87

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2019, 10:38:17 PM »
I took a look over at the Falcon’s forum and they do seem to be frustrated that he’s leaving. Not simply just because it’s a player departure... but due to the fact they view him as having huge amounts of potential and that Dean hasn’t given him the opportunities (which is in some ways understandable when you view the two wingers ahead of him!).

So yes he isn’t a headline name, but the impression I get from the Falcon’s fans (who have seen the most of him) is that we have picked up a hugely promising EPQ player.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2019, 07:38:22 AM »
Being honest I had to search online to find out who he was. Up until a month or so ago the cupboard was looking very bare on the wing for us but with Sirker being promoted, Kibirige being signed then things are looking a little better. I believe Minozzi can play wing as well and if push comes to shove Vellacott seems a handy stand in.

It looks like we now have pretty good cover in most positions although I mirror some other peoples thoughts about 2nd row. Is Garrat back to training yet?

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2019, 08:59:54 AM »
I'm puzzled. People are referring to Kibirige as having signed. Has this actually been announced officially yet? Until then I consider it is just a rumour.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2019, 09:30:57 AM »
No not announced.
It was a strong rumour a few months ago then he re-signed (in April I think). However he appears to has a relegation release clause which he appears to have enacted. He seems to have told people up North where he is off to - Wasps - but correct there is no announcement.
Let me tell you something cucumber

RBB

• It’s like trying to tackle a snooker table!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2019, 09:33:47 AM »
Also Paolo Odogwu, who is implying he is joining Wasps based on his Instagram post.
It was fine when I left it.....