Always a Wasp

Author Topic: TRP  (Read 10028 times)

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: TRP
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2019, 09:59:42 AM »
There I was thinking it was official... so officially we're back to 3 wingers?

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2019, 10:03:02 AM »
Also Paolo Odogwu, who is implying he is joining Wasps based on his Instagram post.

Players have mucked around with social media before to try and create rumours for fun.

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2019, 10:04:59 AM »
I'm not convinced Odogwu was implying anything, as others have said, until its officially announced, its not real.

AKWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2019, 11:06:14 AM »
Difference with Odogwu compared to Kibirigie is that PO is confirmed to leave Sale (destination unconfirmed). ZK is still under contract at Falcons

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2019, 11:15:12 AM »
So PO's agent might be leaving cryptic messages on social media to see who bites?

Again, it all comes down to "how much".

Apparently PO is from Cov so his move might kill 2 birds with 1 stone as far as he's concerned.

Kib might just be looking for somewhere else to go not wishing to be 3rd or 4th wing choice playing in the Championship.

Rory87

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2019, 11:22:27 AM »
With Odogwu it was also the comments below his post, with multiple wishing him luck at 'Wasps' & 'The Ricoh'. Whether that was just people jumping to conclusions i don't know, but looking at a few of the people posting the comments, they looked more like friends rather than rugby fans.

I think Minozzi has been signed primarily as a Full-back. So with only 3 confirmed wingers, I wouldn't be surprised if both Kibirige & Odogwu sign to provide suitable depth.

Wonder what the club's announcement plans are over the summer.

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2019, 08:07:45 PM »
Wonder then if it’s Odogwu and Kibirige instead of Leyds.
Miller, Minozzi to cover FB, Watson has also been deployed there and James covering as well.
Bassett, Watson, Minozzi, Kibirige, Odogwu and Sirker give us great options.

Throw Leyds in there and we could arguably be oversubscribed. Miller gets shunted aside again and Sirker has more competition on the wing.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2019, 09:06:33 PM »
It kind of looks that way. Leyds is a different class and it looks as if the rumours were incorrect.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2019, 07:47:58 AM »
Wonder then if it’s Odogwu and Kibirige instead of Leyds.
Miller, Minozzi to cover FB, Watson has also been deployed there and James covering as well.
Bassett, Watson, Minozzi, Kibirige, Odogwu and Sirker give us great options.

Throw Leyds in there and we could arguably be oversubscribed. Miller gets shunted aside again and Sirker has more competition on the wing.

Gopperth can also play 15 giving a similar option to WLR as an extra first receiver to interchange with Lima, flanked by a couple of genuine quick wingers could be a decent option if Fekitoa at 12.

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2019, 11:06:52 AM »
Gopperth can also play 15 giving a similar option to WLR as an extra first receiver to interchange with Lima, flanked by a couple of genuine quick wingers could be a decent option if Fekitoa at 12.

With JdJ at 13, that would actually look pretty decent wouldn't it?

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2019, 08:50:25 PM »
The only problem with Jimmy at fifteen is he can't then play twelve. People here pointed to his absence as on destabilising factor for Lima's underwhelming start. Willie was at fifteen a fair chunk of the second half of the season, when Lima was getting a run. He popped up to support Lima as extra first receiver frequently. He seemed frustrated a fair chunk of that time too, they were not on the sane wavelength vis a vis Cipriani/WLR. I think on paper Fekitoa 12, Jimmy 15, Lima 10, sounds great, but frankly I think Lima needs a twelve who is a ten. With Jimmy at 12 Lima can play a bit further up the pitch. I am also not sure how fast Jimmy is, I know he has all the attributes I want from a full back- brave, clear headed,  can tackle, can catch, good boot, but I wonder if he has the pace of a Willie. He has been such a star at twelve, why change?

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2019, 08:57:52 PM »
Interesting that Fekitoa is playing his normal position of 13 on Sunday. This is his preferred position unlike the wing where Toulon played him this season.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2019, 09:45:08 PM »
The only problem with Jimmy at fifteen is he can't then play twelve. People here pointed to his absence as on destabilising factor for Lima's underwhelming start. Willie was at fifteen a fair chunk of the second half of the season, when Lima was getting a run. He popped up to support Lima as extra first receiver frequently. He seemed frustrated a fair chunk of that time too, they were not on the sane wavelength vis a vis Cipriani/WLR. I think on paper Fekitoa 12, Jimmy 15, Lima 10, sounds great, but frankly I think Lima needs a twelve who is a ten. With Jimmy at 12 Lima can play a bit further up the pitch. I am also not sure how fast Jimmy is, I know he has all the attributes I want from a full back- brave, clear headed,  can tackle, can catch, good boot, but I wonder if he has the pace of a Willie. He has been such a star at twelve, why change?

Agree Jimmy should probably start out at 12 and see how it goes as he was a star at 12 but between Danny and Elliott with WLR at 15, new combinations might or might not gel like that, also not sure Minozzi at 15 is the sort of player to jump into first receiver which is why I think Jimmy might end up there eventually with Minozzi and others providing the pace on the wings in support.
Interesting times to see and have these discussions about it!

AKWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2019, 09:50:34 AM »
I think we’ll actually see Minozzi do both. He’s got experience at 10 so would be more than comfortable at first receiver

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2019, 10:06:23 AM »
I'd like to see Gopperth at 12 primarily. Simply because we look so much more coherent attack wise when he is there. For the last two seasons though I think we've had great options at 13 but not so much at 12 and I'm not sure we've addressed that. If Gopperth is injured for me we're short. Fekitoa is better at 13 but can do 12. Neal is a possibility and we still have Le Bourgeois. I just feel that whilst we do have cover we're a little bit light there.