Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Josh Bassett on missing Dubai holiday for 'England dream'.  (Read 2093 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Josh Bassett on missing Dubai holiday for 'England dream'.
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 11:18:20 PM »
Good article - good to see he enjoyed the experience too.

Wonder if he's ever considered for FB?

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2019, 08:18:32 AM »

I don't think the Eng players were awarded a full cap for the game but even so, representing your country at senior level must be every player's dream.

Don't players now have a mandatory 5 week break. If so, I'm guessing Josh has already caught another flight to meet up with his wife and sister-in-law.

Seeing as Fekitoa was in England last week I'm wondering if he's taken a chance to look around Warwickshire to find a place to stay (do we know if he has signed a 2 or 3 yr contract?)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 08:20:56 AM by BG »

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2019, 08:24:53 AM »
I think Josh said it was a one week break and his wife (and sister?) went anyway so he will miss it.

Fekitao was over here visiting Lima during one of the French down weeks in the ^N so has already started looking.
Let me tell you something cucumber

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2019, 09:27:31 AM »
Dubai seems like the destination of choice for sportsmen and women, I wonder if some players do alternative holidays.. a road trip around Europe for a week or 2.

I read Lima is fairly keen on visiting various European cities whilst he's in the NH.

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2019, 09:30:46 AM »
If you also see what Horwill wrote about his experience with the Barbarians, it does kind of dis-prove some peoples view of these matches as a waste of time & just a money spinner.....

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2019, 11:13:38 AM »
Dubai seems like the destination of choice for sportsmen and women, I wonder if some players do alternative holidays.. a road trip around Europe for a week or 2.

I read Lima is fairly keen on visiting various European cities whilst he's in the NH.

Lima is in Sicily right now, and Fekitoa posted that he had played his last game for Toulon on 25 May (he said, 'That's a wrap').

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2019, 11:33:39 PM »
If you also see what Horwill wrote about his experience with the Barbarians, it does kind of dis-prove some peoples view of these matches as a waste of time & just a money spinner.....
Joe Marler has been complimentary of the Barbarians too.
I think that players enjoy the amateur-esque feel of a Barbarians game and can escape the pressures of an increasingly professional game, even just for 80 minutes.