Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Today's ST article  (Read 4163 times)

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Today's ST article
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2019, 09:33:06 AM »
I have a feeling Liddle may have at one time appeared on some TV programs.. perhaps Have I got news for you, maybe some news discussion type programs.

I suspect he's a freelance journalist who writes content aimed at the target audience (click bait) so I'd take everything he writes with a pinch of salt.

He's probably in the same mould as AA Gill or Will Self earning money writing as a self professed pretentious intellect.. whereas he's probably just a bit of an arse scrabbling around for his next column.

Rifleman Harris

• Wasps Rugby Fan and MND Runner
    • View Profile
Re: Today's ST article
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2019, 10:13:15 AM »
I have a feeling Liddle may have at one time appeared on some TV programs.. perhaps Have I got news for you, maybe some news discussion type programs.

I suspect he's a freelance journalist who writes content aimed at the target audience (click bait) so I'd take everything he writes with a pinch of salt.

He's probably in the same mould as AA Gill or Will Self earning money writing as a self professed pretentious intellect.. whereas he's probably just a bit of an arse scrabbling around for his next column.
That's exactly the conclusion I drew.  I've never read the Spectator before (my daughter is wanting to apply to study Politics at Uni, so I thought I'd get her some reading material), but I get the feeling that that journal is largely filled with writers of the same ilk to be honest. The New Statesman is the next magazine in line!