Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Leaving Sportsnetwork....  (Read 6170 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Leaving Sportsnetwork....
« on: June 26, 2019, 12:12:30 PM »
https://forum.viewfromthe22.com/index.php?sid=137aa201485491e9bc1996e2a6db55bc

All the GP clubs are there but the only active forum is Sale Sharks.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Leaving Sportsnetwork....
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2019, 12:45:28 PM »
Yep, I knew Gloscester has the very active Shed web, didn't realise others had others as well. When I looked for Tigers reaction to the sale news another forum popped up.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2019, 01:34:07 PM »
Some Sale posters had said they weren't going to get the sportnetwork site up and running the next time it went down and use the one you've posted. Newcastle have noticed and have started using it.. along with Coventry.. BTAdmin (Cov RFC) has posted (he sometimes posts on the Wasps Sportnetwork site or occasionally on the tiggers one when he wants to moan about Wasps arriving in Cov and the effect it has had on Cov FC and CCFC.. which various tigger posters lap up)

Don't Quins have their own site now as well?

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2019, 02:57:00 PM »

Yes. Comeallwithin Board. Seems very active.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

ricohchezwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2019, 03:48:46 PM »
be interesting when the other DW site resurfaces abut the reaction to Umaga re-signing, doubt there will be too much humble pie in evidence..... just find another area to whinge.....why could Di and the coaches only get 4 Spice girls to sign up :)

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2019, 06:07:35 PM »
Not sure there needs to be any humble pie over Umaga, iirc most of the debate around him was over not giving him a chance at the end last year, followed by speculation as on here. I think we were right in our selections generally towards the end, although I will concede that ten was a hard one to call. Like most people I am a bit fact deficient, and like most I was slightly worried when Umaga was not announced with the others.

I don't think there should be much humble pie at all required for any view, beyond that served up for the way things are expressed, which can be bang out of order with some posters there. Thinking Dai is not very good is allowed- Rob Smith has been critical of Dai and not just over the loss at TH having literally said " don't rate Dai" in the past prior to that, and almost nobody here has complained. So it is allowed to not rate him, it is just the manner in which people say it, and the multiple repetitive threads that are the issue.
I will admit that the site is easier to read after a W.

Rory87

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2019, 10:25:25 PM »
Does this mean we’re suddenly going to have an influx of new posters on this forum?

I’ll be honest (and somewhat blunt), I left that site due to the posters and the effect it was having on my posts. I have found a huge amount of positivity and also balanced discussion on this forum. I would hate for this to begin to slide towards the tones of DW due to the migration of posters. I’m not going to single specific posters out as that’s unfair, but I am fearful of suddenly seeing their user names pop up on here!

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2019, 11:55:18 PM »
Hopefully multiple threads would not be allowed here..... and the rudeness would not be tolerated either.

AKWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2019, 07:40:39 AM »
I’ve often found it much more easy to post on this page, especially when it comes to supporting some of the less appreciated players (Sopoaga and Rowlands being key scapegoats on the other site) and as an eternal optimist, I did find that I was becoming a lot more worried about the club while reading posts on the other site.

However with that site having slowed over the summer break, I’ve found myself to be very excited for the new season, especially with the academy starting to bear a fair quantity of fruit again.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2019, 07:58:33 AM »
Without the SportsNetwork Site up and running (some of us used to put a link to this site in our signatures - I stopped about 6 months ago doing that), would posters on there be aware of or stumble across this site. Does this one appear via search engines? I started using this one after noticing a link on Vesp's signature on the Sportnetwork site.

There are some particularly negative and antagonistic posters on the other site but the trick is just to ignore them and don't bite the bait.

The one aspect it does have in its favour is the fact you can browse other clubs sites to see what is being discussed, but on the flip side posters from other clubs can then add fuel to the fire in relation to a thread.

The ViewFrom22 site might be a good optional addition offering the multi-club forum benefit though, so if the sportsnetwork site comes back to life I might link to it in my signature to see if anyone follows and signs up.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2019, 08:23:42 AM »
The one aspect it does have in its favour is the fact you can browse other clubs sites to see what is being discussed, but on the flip side posters from other clubs can then add fuel to the fire in relation to a thread.

With more fans' forums abandoning Sportsnetwork, then this becomes less important.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2019, 09:19:04 AM »

Yes. Comeallwithin Board. Seems very active.

Being Quins, the main activity is probably that they all leave to get a drink and then come back again

ricohchezwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2019, 09:52:50 AM »
If they do migrate over to here, it shouldn’t be too long before I move on 😋😱😱

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2019, 10:01:37 AM »

Kind of +1.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Rory87

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2019, 12:04:15 PM »

Agreed.

I really hope this site doesn't get invaded with the negativity and relentless personal attacks that is prevelant on DW.  I really enjoy chatting and debating topics in this relaxed and friendly environment with you all. I also feel the discussions and debates on here are a lot more logical and knowledgable.

I assume we have a select few on here as admin/moderators? So does that provides the method of marshalling posts made and warning/banning such individuals that attempt to drag this site down to the depths of DW?