Always a Wasp

Author Topic: JTA  (Read 6359 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: JTA
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2019, 12:56:43 PM »
However that being said there may well be a technical solution.

I personally think common sense should prevail and no results or scores should be posted until at least 24 hours (48 would be better) had passed until after the game had ended.

This - I try not to be the first to bring a score into a thread. Damage done but I won't post who they are playing!
Let me tell you something cucumber

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2019, 02:13:08 PM »

I personally think common sense should prevail and no results or scores should be posted until at least 24 hours (48 would be better) had passed until after the game had ended.

Common sense should stop someone from posting the result/score in the title thread (maybe that's something Vesp can ammend as and when it happens).. as to hoping a result/score isn't posted for 24 - 48 hrs after a match is unreasonable.

Its a rugby forum. You'd do well to go that long without learning of the result from other sources - news bulletins, people text, online newspapers,, someone in the queue at the supermarket.

There have been many occasions I've tried to avoid a motorsport result by avoiding websites that I know might publish the result , only to hear the result on the radio news bulletin whilst driving the car.

I think common sense should prevail.. but not everyone has that in abundance.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2019, 02:40:04 PM »

So no live match threads?

I'd say no scores/results in titles, but if the title has any relevance to a game you may be interested, you should probably avoid it.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2019, 03:10:50 PM »

So no live match threads?

I'd say no scores/results in titles, but if the title has any relevance to a game you may be interested, you should probably avoid it.

Fair comment BUT this thread is supposedly about JTA - the match score reference was to another match!
Let me tell you something cucumber

Wiltshire Wasp

• Loving Coventry
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2019, 04:19:46 PM »
My take on the spoiler bit of this is that if I don’t want to know the result of a game I steer clear of people, radio stations, internet sites and social media that might tell me. That I think is common sense. I also think the insulting phrase posted was quite unnecessary.
“In a world full of Kardashians be an Audrey”.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2019, 04:40:22 PM »
Well back to the title. His season is now over. I guess he will be a few weeks before he heads north.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2019, 05:22:16 PM »
Well back to the title. His season is now over. I guess he will be a few weeks before he heads north.

There are so many tiny threads within this thread.. I'm losing the plot. I thought he was playing in the final next week-end?

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2019, 06:28:45 PM »
Bryan, Canes lost 30-26 to the Crusaders.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2019, 09:48:22 PM »
Shhhhhh don't tell anyone!  ;)
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2019, 10:00:53 PM »
However that being said there may well be a technical solution. I'll see what I can come up with.

And done...
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2019, 08:52:14 AM »
JTA has been very good in the latter part of the season. Very excited to see him in Wasps colours. Not entirely sure when he arrives but he'll need to hit the ground running. Brookes has been a really good signing but Alo and Owlett are something of unknown quantities in the GP. I'm sure I've read somewhere Zhvania can play TH so maybe an option.

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2019, 10:57:39 AM »
I'm just about to watch a video of the 2003 World Cup Final - don't anyone tell me whether England or Australia won.

Spoiler
Of course I know the result - Just posted that because as far as I am concerned once the actual event is over it's in the public domain and anyone can comment on it.

In former days catch-up wan't an option. Nowadays how long do you have to wait before you can comment on the result? I have still to watch the Exeter v Wasps match I know the result but will still get involver emotionally

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2019, 11:22:09 AM »
I actually think it is a very good idea to have the software ability to conceal a spoiler and thank you VV for instigating it. It is not to be sneered at.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

welsh wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2019, 08:41:43 PM »
The OZ Brumbies we’re beaten by the Jaguars who are Argentina in disguise, hence doing so well.
I read an article somewhere that the Oz teams are struggling in the competition & should consider losing yet another team. They may have to do that anyway as there seem to be an exodus of Oz players mainly to the Premiership. London Irish may need to change their name to London Australians.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2019, 08:31:41 AM »
Interestingly (or not) the national team should have been called  the Jaguars but some dopey SA journalist mistook the emblem on their shirt for being a Puma and not a Jaguar

I think rugby in general in Oz is suffering. Wasn't the Perth based team dropped from the competition? Also one of their home 4  nations games last year only managed to half fill a stadium where about  25k people decided to buy tickets to watch the national team.

Union was historically the 3rd choice sport (winter) behind Ozzie rules and league, but I suspect   football (soccer) is becoming more popular as the demographics/lineage of the population changes