Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Wasps Forum  (Read 18519 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Wasps Forum
« on: July 04, 2019, 10:32:02 AM »
Anyone on here willing to admit to being chosen to be on the Forum on the 9th'? Seems a larger than expected number applied.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Re: Wasps Forum
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2019, 10:44:07 AM »
What forum?
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2019, 10:57:31 AM »
Anyone on here willing to admit to being chosen to be on the Forum on the 9th'? Seems a larger than expected number applied.

Yes, I have had the summons!

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2019, 11:05:11 AM »
STHs were invited by email a few weeks ago. Not an online forum I think. I don't do well in P2P situations, so I self-exclude from such opinion gathering processes (and, in deciding on this format the neurotypical decision makers at Wasps, as most organisations worldwide do, perpetuate the unintended discrimination against Autists like me). Or, at least, that (the meeting type format) was what it seemed to be. Not that I don't have what might be useful contributions, it is just that the format is unsuitable for me.

Gripe/rant over.

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2019, 11:15:31 AM »
Was tempted to apply but forgot. :D

At least with this new system people can email in questions and minutes will be published, the last supporters group was a bit too closed shop other than a couple of people who posted up on DW etc.

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2019, 12:00:53 PM »

Yes, I have had the summons!

Unless I am not supposed to say in which case I haven't had the summons!

Wiltshire Wasp

• Loving Coventry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2019, 10:23:20 PM »
I applied - rejected. Still very good we are asking for input.
“In a world full of Kardashians be an Audrey”.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2019, 10:55:46 PM »
Got the invite but given the timing, evening meeting in Cov was a non starter for me, coming from HW.

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2019, 07:08:06 AM »
Got the invite but given the timing, evening meeting in Cov was a non starter for me, coming from HW.

I did wonder how that would work when the said they wanted the wide geographical spread, maybe appear by conference call on the big screen? I wasn't part of it previously but seem to remember similar meetings happening on match days during the season to overcome this issue.

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2019, 07:52:52 AM »
My wife's husband got the invite   :)

We are from Great Missenden, but luckily my wife had relatives who live nearby we can stay with.

Otherwise, like John, we would have to turn it down.

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2019, 01:03:13 PM »
Glad to see some of this forum made it onto that forum. Thanks for stepping up to pass on supporters perspectives, it is a fair commitment, especially with the travel. Very pleased to see London area involved, a very important perspective in my opinion.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2019, 01:31:44 PM »
Just for clarity I applied being out of the Midlands and out of London but couldn't make the date chosen as am currently yomping around a stinking hot Andalucia but the wine, beer and food are a fair replacement! I must admit I didn't see the travel as a downside.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Dgwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2019, 07:59:18 PM »
Is anyone from here going tonight? I can't attend unfortunately but would have liked to hear what is in store for the near future.

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2019, 10:11:34 PM »
I was there tonight, along with RogerE (nice to meet you). The minutes will be published on the website in the next couple of days as will be the case after every meeting but was pretty general tonight with introductions, how it's going to work etc. Nothing that wasn't in the public domain already but with a very positive vibe from all involved presenting (Stuart Cain - Commercial Director, Tom Vale - Media Manager, Verity Brown - community & match day experience) and the 20 or so supporters who covered a good range of geographical areas etc. I think it will be a good forum as it develops with the range of initial ideas and topics discussed hopefully setting agendas for future meetings.

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2019, 08:42:21 AM »
Just to add to Chunky's post, there will be meetings every couple of months going forward, and it looks like we will be discussing many things, with the possible exception of things that affect the Bonds, as these are subject to Financial Authority rules with regard to "insider trading" information.

Stuart Cain gave an example of how difficult it is for the Club to choose between Saturday and Sunday matches. More spectators for Sunday matches, but  hospitality/bar income fis much reduced.

We have also been asked to get suggestions/questions from other Wasps supporters. So going forward if there are is anything you would like raised can you let Chunky and myself know in advance - more complex questions that will require investigation will be have to be sent to Wasps in advance of the meetings.

For example: Questions were raised about why so many players were injured outside of the match situation, so there will be members of the fitness/conditioning staff at a meeting to answer questions. At another meeting the catering manager will be present.