Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Dai's Update on Wasps' Injury List.  (Read 3936 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Dai's Update on Wasps' Injury List.
« on: July 15, 2019, 05:34:32 PM »
There's been plenty of summer surgeries for the Black and Golds ahead of the 2019/20 Gallagher Premiership season

From Bobby Bridge.

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/rugby/wasps-injury-updates-thomas-young-16588218

I must say, thanks to the WC, it's a good thing that the Prem starts later this season. Speedy and trouble free recoveries to everyone involved.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Dai's Update on Wasps' Injury List.
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2019, 06:05:30 PM »
Now that is a good news story. Still injuries but with mostly short term frames.

Now to hold breathe for no training ground injuries.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2019, 07:48:29 PM »
Looks like decent news overall. I'd like to see Gopperth get a few games under his belt and the other very key update will be Robson.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2019, 09:11:22 PM »
Looks like decent news overall. I'd like to see Gopperth get a few games under his belt and the other very key update will be Robson.

My dad spoke to Jimmy on Sunday and he said he was fit and ready to go.

AKWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2019, 10:45:53 PM »
I thought the most surprising news was that Searle would be ready for the start of the proper season (if not for a couple of peen rugby cup games).

To say that initially he was going to be out until maybe even the start of 2020, he’s really done well to come back so quick.

I feel like that’s happened quite often for our long term injuries (back earlier than expected- and not rushed back either)

We may get a lot of injuries, but at least they come back quickly!

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2019, 09:46:47 AM »
Very encouraging position to be in. If we can hit the ground running it would give the squad a lot of confidence.

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2019, 03:08:39 PM »
Fantastic news! :)

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2019, 08:28:42 PM »
Also reported that our new full back is fit and training with the Italian squad. Has also been to Broadsteet to meet his new team mates.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2019, 07:25:41 AM »
Its good news about Minozzi. Fingers crossed he's brought back into rugby one bit at a time by the Italian squad.

Its good that he's met up with the rest of the squad.

When is Jeff TA due to arrive from NZ. I presume his rugby season has ended in the SH?

AKWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2019, 07:40:15 AM »
Its good news about Minozzi. Fingers crossed he's brought back into rugby one bit at a time by the Italian squad.

Its good that he's met up with the rest of the squad.

When is Jeff TA due to arrive from NZ. I presume his rugby season has ended in the SH?

I’d guess he gets 5 weeks off and returns then. The 5 weeks would’ve started soon after The Hurricanes got knocked out so with 5-6 weeks break we could see him at the start of August?

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2019, 12:23:50 PM »
I’d guess he gets 5 weeks off and returns then

Not sure why he would necessarily/automatically get 5 weeks off?

From Instagram he's been busy selling his possessions ready to move, so I expect he'll be here fairly soon

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2019, 03:02:50 PM »
Sometimes you just fail on the luck front

I think we missed Alex Rieder more than expected, compounded with Guy T going and Willis' injury plus Sam Jones.

I guess we'd expected to have a backrow of Willis/Rieder/Jones to rotate, and we ended up with the bus driver bringing his boots last season.

Rieder is probably my fav backrower given the level of intelligence he brings to the role and the ability to bring others with him. Its what Jimmy was expected to provide for a new 10 and new 12 in Le B and hopefully, we'll see the benefit this coming season

Same happened on prop injuries too

The big upside is the fantastic raw pace we have in the back three - I can almost look beyond Chris W leaving.....now!

welsh wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2019, 08:55:52 PM »
I assume all squads use the off-season to sort out the range of injuries left from the full season.

AKWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2019, 08:06:40 AM »
I’d guess he gets 5 weeks off and returns then

Not sure why he would necessarily/automatically get 5 weeks off?

From Instagram he's been busy selling his possessions ready to move, so I expect he'll be here fairly soon

Unless I’m thinking of the RFU agreement between prem clubs and England, I thought there was some wider world rugby directive that all players must have at least 5 weeks break at the end of their season

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2019, 08:35:54 AM »
I think Wasps allowed Lima about a month between his season ending (any player will need a rest after a long season - a month seems reasonable) and arriving at Wasps, and even then I don't think he featured for a further couple of weeks after he arrived.

I'm sure Dai and the coaches realise it would most likely be detrimental to a player to force a player to jump from the end of a SH season straight into a NH season with no break, and that's putting aside the fact he and his family have to relocate to the other side of the world