Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Good vibes from Dai  (Read 1967 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Re: Good vibes from Dai
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2019, 09:33:15 AM »
Bobby Bridge working late?

I must admit I am more excited by next season than the WC.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2019, 10:40:17 AM »
Yes, good article. On paper we've lost talent but I just sense we'll be a lot better next season than last. A settled squad who all appear to want to be here with a good influx of youngsters does give that feelgood factor. The balance of the squad looks better and I think we'll rely on the squad rather than individuals. Very encouraging signs in my opinion.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2019, 07:24:19 PM »
Next year is probably make or break for Dai in many ways, whether fans admit it or not. The academy is bringing players through, the squad is larger, and the good news is he won't have to do much to show improvement on last year, which is all that is needed to "make". If Wasps are lurking in the lower reaches come March, with relegation a possibility and no coherency then I can't see him staying much longer, of his own volition as much as anything. I think he would be the first to admit that it is a results business, and he has given us an insight to his thoughts this year.
I think we can approach next year with some justifiable optimism, with the caveat that I am worried by Lima. I don't think his style is what we want at ten, he is more of a twelve in the GP for my money. Perhaps a Jimmy at twelve will make the difference, who knows? A conservative approach won't get us much higher than we are in the table, if we can improve defence then we will win more matches, but unless we rediscover our scoring touch by improving the conversion  rate of chances or increasing the number of chances, then we won't crack top 4. Confidence might help us convert a greater percentage of our breaks. I am certainly looking forward to watching some of our exciting new signings.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 07:26:54 PM by westwaleswasp »

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2019, 11:51:05 AM »
Bobby Bridge working late?

I must admit I am more excited by next season than the WC.

Me too.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2019, 12:42:28 PM »
That's another me too.
Let me tell you something cucumber