Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Match day ticket prices  (Read 2589 times)

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Match day ticket prices
« on: July 23, 2019, 02:51:46 PM »
Been published below with more offers to follow.

https://www.wasps.co.uk/tickets-and-hospitality/wasps-tickets/match-ticket-pricing-and-match-ticket-bundles/#MATCHTICKETPRICINGANDMATCHTICKETBUNDLES

Happy to be corrected as I am a teacher on summer holidays but my maths using early bird prices says I save a whole £11 for my category 3 season ticket?

King Prawn Phuna

• Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Match day ticket prices
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019, 04:30:57 PM »
For an adult
5 matches @£24=£120 (premium)
6 matches @£20=£120 (general)
3 matches @£20=£60 (Euro)
Total £300.... cost of a category 3 adult season ticket?  :o
The older I get the faster I was....

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2019, 04:45:19 PM »
Pricing is getting too close for comfort. May lead me to review matters next season!
Let me tell you something cucumber

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2019, 05:14:25 PM »
Pricing is getting too close for comfort. May lead me to review matters next season!

It is about £87 less than full price but had similar thought particularly as I already know I am missing one game this year and next season will need to pay for both children.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 05:21:18 PM by Chunky24 »

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2019, 05:16:30 PM »
For an adult

I made it 4 premium, 7 general prem, 3 general euro plus £15 for 2 prem cup games = 311 for early bird and then 398 full price.

King Prawn Phuna

• Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2019, 08:36:18 AM »
For an adult

I made it 4 premium, 7 general prem, 3 general euro plus £15 for 2 prem cup games = 311 for early bird and then 398 full price.

Apologies, I had Northampton and Saints as two games....doh!...and think of the prem cup as an afterthought....you are of course correct ;)
The older I get the faster I was....

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2019, 09:47:51 AM »
For an adult

Apologies, I had Northampton and Saints as two games....doh!...and think of the prem cup as an afterthought....you are of course correct ;)

... and the website says that Wasps, following supporters' comments, have simplified ticket pricing. Errr??

Why have they differentiated between some of the EPL clubs as being Premium or General games? Was that based on ticket attendances last season? It can't be based on last season league position as one of the teams is tiggers, and it can't be based on locality as 2 of the clubs are london area.

Wasps also have something against those holding "student" tickets who are only allowed to sit in the "cheap" cat 3 and 4 seats, whereas Juniors and U10's can.

I presume they don't want students taking up Cat 1 Prem, Cat1 and Cat 2 seats that adults could be paying full price for but again, when has a Cat 1 or 2 block been absolutely full (especially the East stand)? .

In comparison I see some Sarries supporters are complaining about the massive price hike in their ST's but the club have them over a barrel slightly due to the capacity of the stadium.

BlackCountryWasp

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2019, 05:49:46 PM »
One would assume that the Premium games have been chosen due to the following:

Tiggers and Saints - Local derbies so likely to see more walk ups and visiting supporters.
Quins - Our traditional derby and also the Christmas home game this year. Higher potential of a good gate.
Estate Agents - Defending Champions and European Champions.

AKWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2019, 09:55:16 PM »
In response to the student tickets (a shift from u21 tickets, I like the change- being a student above 21 years old- so it’s cheaper already, and I can’t afford to pay for the higher category tickets anyway so not too bothered