Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Law change trials  (Read 2400 times)

Heathen

• View Profile
Law change trials
« on: August 08, 2019, 10:22:15 PM »

Marlow Nick

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Law change trials
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2019, 11:30:58 PM »
Guess whose picture was chosen to illustrate dangerous and illegal tackle technique?

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2019, 07:26:05 AM »
The tackle in the picture they have used, is already illegal as it's a no arms shoulder barge.

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2019, 10:28:57 AM »
My usual response to the trialing of law changes is to ask whats the point when current laws aren't policed properly?

Lwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2019, 10:34:51 AM »
The 50/22 and the drop out after held up changes smack of the usual "the game isn't delivering the kind of excitement we can sell" changes. Almost always end up with unintended consequences. Repeated bouts of kick tennis being suggested as the result of the 50/22 idea.

Just leave the bloody game alone.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2019, 11:44:53 AM »
My usual response to the trialing of law changes is to ask whats the point when current laws aren't policed properly?

This.

Just watched the Mitre 10 game this morning with reffed rucks and offside.....amazing!

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2019, 08:49:47 AM »

This.

Just watched the Mitre 10 game this morning with reffed rucks and offside.....amazing!

Interesting to see this mornings game being reffed by a young welsh ref with an Irish ref on touch duty, apparently both doing a number of games during the M10 season

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2019, 09:27:23 AM »
Agree with what's been said above. Waikato v Canterbury being well reffed and showing no rule changes required. Personally I don't like changes, they rarely have the intended outcome and just add confusion. The only one I would definitely make is to stop the clock during re-set scrums.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2019, 09:32:44 AM »
Good to see the young refs (that was a forward pass thou!) and the obvious difference is the speed of ball from the breakdown. If probably reliant upon players buying in and doing the release, roll etc