Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Why Malakai Fekitoa is ready to 'smash' the challenge at Wasps  (Read 3985 times)

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Why Malakai Fekitoa is ready to 'smash' the challenge at Wasps
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2019, 10:29:20 PM »
I think we'll see a different Lima this year. He was coming straight out of a SH season last year and the backs as a whole were like s revolving door. Plus he'll have JG outside him at 12 this year. I don't think he'd cut it at 12 and I do think he's the best 10 we have.

+1.

Last season couldn't really have been any more "challenging". I expect decent from the start

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2019, 11:27:22 PM »
Just seen a note from Bobby Bridge that Malakai has picked up a knock and is hors combat for a couple of weeks.

More details from Bobby here:

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/rugby/wasps-injury-news-malakai-fekitoa-16890228
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2019, 12:52:38 PM »
I wanted to try Lima at 12 last year pre injury to Searle, who I do rate, because Lima was devoid of form and confidence at the time and because I like a ten at 12. It is not a mark of shame to play 12, Farrell and Wilkinson have done so for England in successful teams. We have been successful with Cips/Jimmy.

Regarding Searle, who will hopefully get a shot, that half of rugby we played in Bris before the Searle injury was sublime, if he can come back and reproduce that perfornance I would be happy indeed, although that was just a freak snapshot where we clicked like it was the previous season.

I for one, don't give a rat's arse if Lima is an AB or not, many an AB has failed up here,  uncapped Searle took the shirt from him on merit, AB or otherwise, at least according to Dai, and whilst I accept Lima rightfully starts at ten, if he plays like he did last year the AB label won't save him from criticism.
I think we will see a better Lima, fwiw, the only way is up for him.  Searle could be a talent, right now I am sure he will be jusy hopeful to get back on the green stuff.

I am sure only Dai knows what he is thinking, but ten, twelve thirteen has more than one option available, and I am not going to write off any or make preductions. Jimmy is not an AB but was outstanding for us at 12, JdJ has been excellent at 13, pleasant headaches all round.