Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Teams Up  (Read 2953 times)

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Teams Up
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2019, 04:48:48 AM »
I still don't quite understand why Wasps seem to be using the first 2 or 3 Premiership Cup matches as warmup games (or why we should see them as that), especially as Dai said he would change tactics and focus more resource on the Premiership Cup.  This is a valid competition and its noticeable that clubs that do well in this competition generally have a good season in the league and the squad seems to benefit in confidence and depth in the following seasons.

The summer wasn't any shorter or longer than previous seasons so why weren't a couple of warmup games organised. If other EPL clubs weren't (I notice Saints had a warmup game) willing then why not go further afield, Spain Georgia, Romania, Italy.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing my first game of the season this afternoon. Along with the WC games it will be a bit of a rugby fest day.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Re: Teams Up
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2019, 09:16:24 AM »
I still don't quite understand why Wasps seem to be using the first 2 or 3 Premiership Cup matches as warmup games (or why we should see them as that), especially as Dai said he would change tactics and focus more resource on the Premiership Cup.

I think that this plan changed a bit after we had 2 scrummies injured, one badly in the sevens.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!