Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Saints game thread  (Read 14790 times)

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Saints game thread
« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2019, 12:27:56 PM »
Dai admitted last season that they probably were relying on Gopps being fit and finding previous form but yet again he's not done anything about finding a suitable replacement.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you BG, but how do you know wasps weren't searching for a new 12 over the summer?
The fact they didn't find one, doesn't mean they didn't look.....bit like a defence coach

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 01, 2019, 12:33:54 PM »
Or the player doesn't want to announce until after rwc (I don't know anything btw, just a possibility)

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 01, 2019, 12:39:28 PM »
I agree with BG about possibly using Lima at 12.

According to his Wikipedia he has played centre. For anyone interested he played at centre in 2016 against Wales in the third test.

Lima at centre has been thrown around over the past year, I'm still uncertain about his defence.

I'd love to see Jacob at 10 and Lima at 12, reckon we'd have the creativity and attack.

CurtisJHunter

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 02, 2019, 06:18:52 PM »
Been following this site for a little while but only just registered today...!

Saturday's result was brilliant and exactly what the club needed. I spotted Gleeson on the touchline quite a few times and he came on the pitch to speak to the players as Lee B did last season with the drinks, he had a reflective vest on! We will need a real performance again this Saturday against Sale who appear to be in very good form.

Was very impressed with some of the academy lads who have been promoted to the senior squad. Cardall looked very sturdy at 4, Spink showed some strong moments in attack and defence but went missing for a part of the game. Jacob reminds me of a young Danny, full of confidence and flair and willing to take anyone on. He just isn't as quick!

Thought Paolo struggled on the wing and looked lost quite a few times. Our new no 8 showed much promise and talent and he will only grow. Carr looked brilliant and looked very refreshed after the summer. As did Brad who I thought was excellent and looked very comfortable as captain. The players seem to respond to him and what he asks of them to do. One of my main hopes for the season is that Jack Willis stays fit.

Many positives to take and much needed confidence in the squad!

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 02, 2019, 09:49:35 PM »

One of my main hopes for the season is that Jack Willis stays fit.

Likewise. Jack showed at FG how much he brings to our game.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 03, 2019, 08:26:47 AM »

One of my main hopes for the season is that Jack Willis stays fit.

Likewise. Jack showed at FG how much he brings to our game.

Same for me - he fills the hole in our match day squad being the type of player that is a complete nuisance to opposition teams in a similar way as YY