Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Morning All  (Read 3958 times)

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Morning All
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2019, 08:19:34 PM »
"BBC CWR did cover the game. Richard Moon and Bobby Bridge described the action."

Damn, what did I do wrong Steve? I tried DAB, FM and it was CCFC. I even tried to stream from web but it said it wasn't available due to a licence availability.

Wiltshire Wasp

• Loving Coventry
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2019, 09:30:50 PM »
I could not listen on Echo but could on the iPad.  Not bad commentary either.
“In a world full of Kardashians be an Audrey”.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2019, 10:38:38 PM »
Quote from the DW site :

"Bit dozy to start with. Gave a stupid penalty away, Sale kicked to corner, catch and drive, good initial work to halt drive but Sale dug in and scored from 2nd phase of drive. Just what you would expect of Sale. Slowly got back to parity, played some good phases and were sharp on the break. Went in at half time with a deserved lead.

2nd half a different story. Could barely get out of our own 22 at times. Scrum was a mess. Could not look after the ball. Could not build any phases, losing the collision battles. Solomona is a class finisher who does not need a 2nd invitation to score. Subs seem to disrupt flow of play rather than add momentum. Searle showed some nice touches when he got the ball. Couple of decent phases towards the end but too little too late."

FishingWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2019, 09:27:28 AM »
"BBC CWR did cover the game. Richard Moon and Bobby Bridge described the action."

Damn, what did I do wrong Steve? I tried DAB, FM and it was CCFC. I even tried to stream from web but it said it wasn't available due to a licence availability.
For what it's worth  for the future, I initially had the same experience, going online to BBC cov & war, but did get the commentary when I navigated through BBC.co.uk/ sport/rugby union ... lve commentaries...
It was annoying though that the main commentator had not taken the trouble to get the pronunciations of the players names right (Odogwee, Kibridge, Omagga, Solomonga, etc..) A pet hate of mine, or maybe I'm just a grumpy old git. At least he didn't say "could of"...

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2019, 06:18:43 PM »
Went up for the match, pretty much as the transcripts say, was a good 1st half, but the 2nd was a let down, some good play but just too many errors resulted in no points scored in the 2nd half. As we got close to a try at the end Sale got a penalty for Wasps diving off their feet on our own ruck. IT was definitely a game we should have won.
Shame there was no TMO as I think we would have had another try from Zak Kiberigie on the kick through and bit of footballing that went on, AR deemed the sale player got to it 1st.

Ref-Link worked well 1st half but seemed to be gone 2nd half, it was noticeable how many times the ref said he didn't see it the 1st half, one particular high shot that the AR should have seen that was missed, Ashley asked about it but got the didn't see it response.