Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Squad updates - Malakai Fekitoa, Lima Sopoaga, Dan Robson, Thomas Young  (Read 3524 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Bobby Bridge reports:

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/rugby/wasps-injury-updates-fekitoa-sopoaga-17048191

Sounds like more of the 1st XV will be playing at the Ricoh this weekend.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Squad updates - Malakai Fekitoa, Lima Sopoaga, Dan Robson, Thomas Young
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2019, 09:47:38 AM »
The continuing injuries are a bit worrying. Wonder what Gaskell did. Willis I think was hit with England u20s.
Let me tell you something cucumber

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2019, 12:17:37 PM »
The recurring injury that YY keeps enduring is fairly worrying. He seems to recover.. then whatever the problem is then flares up again and he's off for a few months.. back for a game or 2 then off again.

Unfortunately flankers are vunerable in their knees and ankles given the  type of work they do at the ruck.. they are always susceptible to being blindsided by someone flying in like a torpedo (bad anology as torpedos don't fly.. err.. like a..)

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2019, 02:18:13 PM »
Also in case you missed it, Sirker is out for 7-9 months which basically rules him out for the rest of the season. Apparently he got an ACL injury while at Ampthill.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 03:48:26 PM by HDAWG »

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2019, 02:42:55 PM »
Also in case you missed it, Sirker is out for 7-9 months which basically rules him out for the rest of the season. Apparently he got an ACL injury while at Ampthill.

Bugger.

Poor expletive not deleted.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2019, 03:07:34 PM »
Did Wasps, as a collective, walk under a ladder, cross a black cat who was holding a mirror at the time.. who, startled, dropped it?

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2019, 04:12:46 PM »
Did Wasps, as a collective, walk under a ladder, cross a black cat who was holding a mirror at the time.. who, startled, dropped it?

Yep

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2019, 04:37:48 PM »

Yep

Think the cat was eating an albatross at the time too.

RBB

• It’s like trying to tackle a snooker table!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2019, 05:28:06 PM »
And that one of our group companies is called ACL, Arena Coventry Limited.... you couldn’t make that up !
It was fine when I left it.....

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2019, 05:52:20 PM »
And that one of our group companies is called ACL, Arena Coventry Limited.... you couldn’t make that up !

That's why we are so good at fixing them!

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2019, 07:38:31 PM »
Why on earth was Sirker out on loan. So disappointed for him personally but he's a first team squad player now and should have been prepping for the season with that squad. The less said about plastic pitches the better - utterly awful invention.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2019, 07:43:41 PM »
Why on earth was Sirker out on loan. So disappointed for him personally but he's a first team squad player now and should have been prepping for the season with that squad. The less said about plastic pitches the better - utterly awful invention.

Read Dai's comments as to why he was loaned out. He was being prepped. Agree about pitches.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2019, 10:19:04 AM »
Like others.. I can't understand why you would loan a senior squad player out to another club unless you were thinking of unloading him?

Sirker finished last season well.. promoted to the main squad... has done pre-season.. played in the 7's.. scored a try against Sarries.. and then Dai lets him go to another club???

I can't get my head around the logic?

Rifleman Harris

• Wasps Rugby Fan and MND Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2019, 10:43:35 AM »
He won't be a first or second choice right now, but will be next season if he gets game time...but being 3rd or 4th choice he won't get it at Wasps, so let him get that elsewhere for the season? If we needed him we could always recall him from the loan, so he gets game time and experience to little risk at us (unless he gets injured ofcourse!!).

Jac A

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2019, 10:49:04 AM »
It's obviously a massive shame to lose Callum and you have to feel for the guy massively.

Dai's comments make sense:
"It’s a real shame as he has shown enough over the last couple of months that he could certainly compete for a place in the first-team, within this block of games, we've obviously been wanting to get all our players out there to get game-time. After playing in the 7s and the first match, we sent Callum away on loan to Ampthill for a week with a view to bringing him back into the mix, as we felt that it would continue to add to his development, rather than to not play. Unfortunately he suffered the injury in the early stages of their match and will be out for a significant amount of time but our medical team will be working very closely with him to get him back to full fitness."

He's got five wingers and wanted to rotate them round and he's done that giving time to everyone in the Prem Cup games and if the opportunity for Callum to have a game or two at Ampthill while Paulo and Zack were getting starts then it makes sense to me. It was only meant to be a short term thing to keep him playing. Sadly it went horribly wrong but I don't think you can blame Dai for that.