Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Cashless areas  (Read 5251 times)

Harry the wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Cashless areas
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2019, 11:53:18 AM »
It's the way society has gone. I personally find it quicker and more convenient. I travel into central Birmingham several times a week and I'm always accosted by several beggars during my walk to the office and wonder how they make money any more. I haven't carried cash for a couple of years now. I've been to Twickenham three times in the last 12 months and it's worked brilliantly.
Only supporting teams beginning with a W.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2019, 02:32:41 PM »
Just seeing that four areas (Mill, Bakery, Clubhouse, Hospitality) will all be cashless on Sunday. Does this irritate anyone else as much as it does me. I'll be taking cash and spending it wherever takes it. I'm sure I've heard the whole arena will move to cashless soon.

Will be a double whammy when you realise there’s also nowhere to padlock your penny farthing to either! ;) :P
  :) Good job I read that, was just about to set off for the stadium on it.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2019, 12:37:40 AM »
Not a fan of progress, myself. The same progress gives me fifty pox ridden emails a day everytime someone farts, a hundred mouldy arsed forms to fill in using endless reams of over analysed data that suffers one fundamemtal flaw- it is all stark naked emporer level balls and is employed by people with no actual understanding of teaching.

The height of computing was 1984 and the Dragon 64, and everything has been downhill since with the infernal machines taking over creating reams of middle managers who Douglas Adams would have recognised as Golgafinchams.

When and if retire it will be to the Channel Islands where I can spend one pound notes ;). While I am at it, can I have Rugby Special and Nigel Starmer Smith back! ;D

Ok I'll bite.

Progress is amazing. Some people use it for the wrong things, but there are amazing things going on because of technological progress.

I'm involved with this sort of thing for example  https://youtu.be/y5bktGGkd9w

I suspect Backdoc has been involved in some amazing technological advances in Orthopaedic Surgery as well.

People have been complaining about the poor service at The Ricoh since we moved in, we shouldn't also complain they are looking at ways to resolve that
Glad someone bit.
Was a slightly tongue in cheek post, of course. Hope nobody downvoted it thinking I was too serious. I will say there is a serious point in my post though- not for here perhaps- we have created an entire culture of feedback orientated middle managers as we make less and fewer people are needed at the top. Eventually you end up with feedback and data analysis of the feedback and data analysis process, and somewhere in that humanity gets lost- especially when the result of the analysis involves people not involved with it losing their job etc. As with all things, progress comes with down and upsides, normally simultaneously. For example, Facebook keeps people in contact who would never have done so previously, but also creates terrible pressures for our teenagers, and progress can be used to dress up all sorts of intended nasties and, of course, unintended consequences.
I am sure many people here are involved in exciting and worthy projects.

I don't have a problem with contactless at the Ricoh- as long as I can actually spend cash too.

They do actually have pound notes in the Channel Islands, btw.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 12:41:52 AM by westwaleswasp »

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2019, 09:16:41 AM »
I don't have a problem with contactless at the Ricoh- as long as I can actually spend cash too.

I think cashless is great but there must be a cash option should the whole system go tits up!
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2019, 09:52:41 AM »
If they are doing this thinking it will speed up service then its a good idea but I don't think it will. The bottleneck at the various bars is caused by the speed of the staff who seem to be on a 1970's trade union "go slow" work ethic sometimes.

Contactless is quicker but some people may refuse to use that system (I've only just started using it occasionally) or may not have it enabled on their cards, which means people using a debit or credit card which can't be that much faster than paying cash?

Its more likely to be related to reducing staff pilfering and of course transporting and banking cash costs Wasps  money.

ardenwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2019, 02:10:30 PM »
Well sad to say Clubhouse service hasn’t been affected speedwise - still shockingly bad! Absolutely abysmal today.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2019, 10:15:42 PM »
The Mill was still taking cash today.

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2019, 08:01:41 AM »
What also doesn't help is when the system doesn't have the right prices. Example with my 1st beer (during the 30min cheaper time)

Took back my cup from the previous week as saves queuing up after the match.

So price should have been £4.00, 1st attempt was £5:60, then they tried £4:60 before moving to another till to get the correct £4:00.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2019, 08:05:03 PM »
And that's meant to be the quick version!