Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Next 3 Fixtures  (Read 3934 times)

Mellie

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Next 3 Fixtures
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2019, 08:52:17 AM »
Bassett's defence for Glaws' first try was very poor. Despite being numbered up he gave Woodward the outside forcing Watson to come in to fill the hole and thereby creating the overlap for the score.

I'm not sure Bassett has the rugby intelligence.  He's fine when given space but I can't see him creating much himself, unlike Kibirige. Defence can be coached. Raw talent can't be.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Next 3 Fixtures
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2019, 09:07:10 AM »
Bassett's defence for Glaws' first try was very poor. Despite being numbered up he gave Woodward the outside forcing Watson to come in to fill the hole and thereby creating the overlap for the score.

I noticed that as well. Bassett found him on the inside of Watson instead of being in his familiar wing position but at the point Woodward caught the ball it was a simple 2 on 2.

Woodward didn't do anything miraculous. I know Woodward is quick but he's not rapid and simply ran an outside arc toward Watson's inside shoulder and Bassett seemed to struggle to keep up, hence Watson being forced to make a decision and step in.