Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Monye  (Read 3579 times)

Nopace

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Monye
« on: October 27, 2019, 04:26:55 PM »
‘Leicester should get rid of this going nowhere after 5 phases’ Leicester keep the ball in hand and make 20m.

‘Saracens are so professional phase after phase’ next phase interception and Leicester run in a try from 70m.

😭😂

He really is quite useless.

Jack9909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Monye
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2019, 04:56:12 PM »
Was calling us London Wasps repeatedly last week as well

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2019, 11:19:20 PM »
The  worst pundit in TV rugby by a long way.

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2019, 09:54:23 AM »
I don’t see what he really adds to things as a pundit.  He seems incredibly popular with the rugby fraternity and sounds like a nice guy but he just lacks any sort of meaningful insight. 

His doesn’t add any colour (a la Nick Mullins) nor does he ever stop and show something where I think ‘Woah, I totally missed or that’ or ‘That’s interesting’ which Austin, Kay or Flats tend to do most games.

I’d put Jim Hamilton in the same category.  Love him on his Pod with Goodey, but a very poor pundit.  Jim’s best when he can let-loose, tell stories and have a laugh.  He’s not a serious pundit with an ability to convey his wisdom, experience or insight.

Tervueren

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2019, 11:22:25 AM »
Have to disagree on Mullins. IMO Mullins sucks the atmosphere right out of any occasion by his rambling on, it is sometimes like having an irritating rumble running through the match.

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2019, 01:47:54 PM »
Hard to hear any commentary when the performance isn't great! Agree that Flats, Healey and Kay give great insights, especially Healey. I feel Monye can sometimes get on his high horse about things and keep pressing his point so much that I am thinking 'shut up, you've made your point'. I liked his interview with Cipps and I actually quite like the five live pod, but have to admit that has got better since Care was added.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2019, 01:56:45 PM »
Hard to hear any commentary when the performance isn't great! Agree that Flats, Healey and Kay give great insights, especially Healey. I feel Monye can sometimes get on his high horse about things and keep pressing his point so much that I am thinking 'shut up, you've made your point'. I liked his interview with Cipps and I actually quite like the five live pod, but have to admit that has got better since Care was added.

I've always like Flats, especially Healey (who reminds me of the SHs who pestered me as a LH prop) and Kay, find Monye a distraction and not useful in match commentary for me

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2019, 02:51:38 PM »
Kay when BT started was good but when he got involved with the RFU he became more guarded with comments and arguments.

Agree Ugo is the pits.
Let me tell you something cucumber

matelot22

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2019, 03:08:19 PM »
Like most here, I dislike Monye and prefer Kay, Healey and particularly Flats. It also pains me to say that I don't find our very own LBND a great commentator, he responds well to a particular question, but I find his game commentary quite dull.

WickedWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2019, 08:31:53 PM »
Ugo is embarrassing himself tonight vs Saints

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2019, 05:58:38 PM »
Just a Monye update - on BT "Premiership Tonight" - demonstrating zero knowledge of any Law to do with the breakdown

What's the point of "experts" pronouncing on issues that they are basically wrong about.....??