Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Saracens docked 35 points  (Read 92584 times)

WallyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Saracens docked 35 points
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2019, 03:41:13 PM »
Also it is against all sentiment here and elsewhere but can I also say the Daily Mail team played a blinder bringing this out because if they hadn't carpets would have been well and truely brushed under.

I would normally be saying something akin to "wash your mouth out for saying such a defence of the DM" but I have to concede for the first time I tip my hat to them!

Rifleman Harris

• Wasps Rugby Fan and MND Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2019, 03:42:29 PM »
I wonder if the Club Chairmen will comment. If they were only told this morning I suspect there may be other conversations going on. I can't believe they will leave it to PRL's very dry statement (posted earlier in the thread). EAs found guilty of three seasons breaching the cap up until May this year so what about this season. The clubs cannot be happy that they have been "let go" to proceed through games untouched (yes there is a fine and a points deduction BUT for previous years). That is three seasons of relegated clubs who "may" not have deserved it had the EAs been promptly punished. Notwithstanding the slimy appeal by Wray this is going to run and run.
Also it is against all sentiment here and elsewhere but can I also say the Daily Mail team played a blinder bringing this out because if they hadn't carpets would have been well and truely brushed under.

Agreed - a good piece of investigative journalism.

I wonder if they are leaving this season to give them the opportunity to cut their salaries this year, whilst holding the threat of future punishment over them if they don't. 

Marlovian

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2019, 03:43:12 PM »
Salary cap checks are done in June (I believe) so any breaches for this season will not be addressed until next year. Presumable unless Saracens take action now they will be penalised again?

Marlovian

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2019, 03:45:37 PM »
Worcester have issued a statement: https://warriors.co.uk/2019/11/05/club-statement-saracens-salary-cap-breach/ so I assume others will too.

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2019, 04:07:00 PM »
Now that Sarries have appealed i can see the points reduced and sarries will continue playing all the players has normal. Personally I believe we will be back to square one very shortly

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2019, 04:28:36 PM »
I really cannot see how Wray can stay at the Estate Agents after this. His actions have done huge damage to the entire sport of pro rugby. He should fall on his sword and resign. How many EAs home games are scheduled to be televised this season? BT should pull the plug on all of them.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

NorthYorksWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2019, 04:40:09 PM »
Has anything been seen about timescale for the appeal? What are the chances of this being put to bed properly very quickly? Will we have more months of speculation and debate only for the powers that be to ‘decide’ that they (PRL) we’re wrong, Sarries are actually squeaky clean, never done anything wrong guv, sorry our mistake, please carry on as you were.

Silent Bob

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2019, 04:48:26 PM »
That statement from Worcester is great as it really takes the high ground. I can imagine Sarries getting pretty hot receptions at most away grounds from hereon in. Will take a while to live down and I actually feel sorry for their fans who are going to be getting plenty of stick (both good natured and probably quite vitriolic) for the foreseeable!

RobAWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2019, 04:51:45 PM »
Should be great fun at the Shed for their fans on Saturday!

Nopace

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2019, 06:16:08 PM »
This could get ugly, didn’t we miss out on a premiership final last year, how much was that worth? This could get very very messy. Oh boy.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2019, 07:19:31 PM »
Fascinating situation with one question answered but so many more left out there. What about the current squad? What about recompense for previous seasons losses etc etc etc. I must admit the statement that really caught my eye was that the sanctions are suspended pending the appeal (which will surely come). Do we really believe this will happen?

BrackenandMacken

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 05, 2019, 07:22:58 PM »
This could get ugly, didn’t we miss out on a premiership final last year, how much was that worth? This could get very very messy. Oh boy.

How much did relegation cost Newcastle? How much has missing out on the Champions Cup cost numerous teams?
How much did it cost us in terms of a home semi two years ago?

How much has it cost each fan who has paid good money to watch a competition we were told was fair but in fact was anything but?

Quite frankly it should get ugly, it's systematic cheating.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2019, 08:08:50 PM »
Tony Rowe doesn't pull any punches

https://www.devonlive.com/sport/rugby/exeter-chiefs-saracens-tony-rowe-3504101

He makes the valid point about Sarries still operating the same squad and is therefore breaching the regulations again this season.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2019, 08:21:46 PM »
Quite a statement and can't disagree with any of it. Rather surprising the owners don't meet until January though as would have expected a get together this or next week to discuss.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Dgwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 05, 2019, 09:07:15 PM »
I hope Sarries are not going to be able to exploit the RFUs current financial problem in order to make the sporting punishment go away.

35 points is lenient, it could easily have been 35 points for each season of offence and as said, what is happening now for this season?

The RFU can't let this drag on too much further into the season. 

So, if Sarries, have to release players with immediate effect.  Where would players go? France? Ireland? SH?