Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Irish v Tigers  (Read 2269 times)

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Irish v Tigers
« on: November 10, 2019, 04:49:27 PM »
Irish looked pretty impressive today. That's a decent amount of points they've put on Tigers. The Prem this year really is going to be a quagmire.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Irish v Tigers
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2019, 05:11:35 PM »
Irish looked pretty impressive today. That's a decent amount of points they've put on Tigers. The Prem this year really is going to be a quagmire.

Spoiler
What was the score ?

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2019, 05:24:59 PM »
Spoiler
36-11

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2019, 06:40:02 PM »
Here we are thinking we're bad.. that's a proper drubbing

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2019, 06:49:02 PM »
Yes but they have a bunch of good ish players to come back plus Borthwick to commence. Whether that is good or bad we have to wait but I think it is a better position than we are in.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2019, 07:25:20 PM »
It doesn't have to be RWC players coming back. We have Launchbury, J Willis, T Willis, Young, Watson, Vellacott and Rieder to come back. That's arguably one of the best second rows in the league, one of the best sixes, certainly one of the best sevens and a seriously dangerous wing.

RBB

• It’s like trying to tackle a snooker table!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2019, 08:07:56 PM »
Kind of agree, Tigers were saved by Ford last season and we have a lot of firepower to return. The other part to consider is Ford and May will be sucked into the England set up again, I would suggest Youngs and Cole will be jettisoned. So when you look at Tigers then they will still be depleted for a large part of the season and will struggle.

I also wonder what will happen to Launch post RWC, as EJ doesn't seem to fancy him in a key role at all, my concern is Eddie brings in Dobbie in place of Youngs to build a new platform for improvement, selfish I know, defended by the fact EJ has a great habit of breaking Wasps players.I am sure Brad will re-emerge in his thinking as will Jack Willis.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 08:16:57 PM by RBB »
It was fine when I left it.....

Dgwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2019, 08:30:35 PM »
Hmmm... It doesn't leave me feeling ever so comfortable, with both Worcester and Irish getting wins this weekend. 

Both ourselves and Leicester will be quite worried, especially considering the form of Bristol.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2019, 08:45:07 PM »
Kind of agree, Tigers were saved by Ford last season and we have a lot of firepower to return. The other part to consider is Ford and May will be sucked into the England set up again, I would suggest Youngs and Cole will be jettisoned. So when you look at Tigers then they will still be depleted for a large part of the season and will struggle.

I also wonder what will happen to Launch post RWC, as EJ doesn't seem to fancy him in a key role at all, my concern is Eddie brings in Dobbie in place of Youngs to build a new platform for improvement, selfish I know, defended by the fact EJ has a great habit of breaking Wasps players.I am sure Brad will re-emerge in his thinking as will Jack Willis.

I think Launchers is 29 next year.. so we may have another fiver situation on our hands.. I think his contract is up this season so he'll be wondering if he'll be part of the England setup... Dai might want to sign him up for another contract .. but launchers might want to wait until the 6n's to see how things pan out.. but that will be too late for Dai..

What's the French for Deja Vu?

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2019, 07:17:07 PM »
Yes, that's a really good point BG. Hope it doesn't come to pass. I think Launchbury is a slightly different animal to Cipriani and there is no shortage of huge 2nd rows in France. I seriously think if the Sarries points deduction holds there will be precious little between the league this year.

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2019, 08:35:35 PM »
I dont think the Cips case is the same for all. Launch will be fringe England, so will make the cash he needs playing in the UK.
Not everyone want's to go to France, especially with a young family.
I'm not the slightest concern..he'll either want to renew or wont based on his current setup like any other player.