Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Pendlebury appointed England Men’s Under 18s Head Coach  (Read 1799 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Heathen

• View Profile
Re: Pendlebury appointed England Men’s Under 18s Head Coach
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2019, 10:38:34 AM »
Mazza to take over?

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2019, 11:40:13 AM »
Best of luck to Jon.

Obviously Jon's promotion within Wasps didn't fulfill his aspirations.. this sort of mirrors what Dai does with players.. he sticks to what he knows rather than taking a punt on up and coming talent.. that talent will eventually move away.

Why are Blackett, Costello, Titterall being given 2nd.. 3rd.. 5th chances?

Dai needs to change something before someone higher up the food chain changes it for him

Rifleman Harris

• Wasps Rugby Fan and MND Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2019, 11:47:52 AM »
There is an interesting mind set at the moment that the 2 subjects at the top of the board today (Mind the Gap and this one) have the blame for a coach leaving and players not making the step up from the Championship firmly at Dai's door.  Just an observation, but I am a little surprised why he hasn't be blamed for the Cheats cheating too.

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2019, 12:14:05 PM »
Sorry BG, but that just doesn't make sense

He's been offered a chance to coach at International age group level, how are wasps going to offer him anything like that?

I'm more than happy for Dai to get his fair share of blame where appropriate but, unless you know something we don't, how can he be to blame for Pendlebury leaving?

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2019, 07:09:55 PM »
There is an interesting mind set at the moment that the 2 subjects at the top of the board today (Mind the Gap and this one) have the blame for a coach leaving and players not making the step up from the Championship firmly at Dai's door.  Just an observation, but I am a little surprised why he hasn't be blamed for the Cheats cheating too.
I don't think Dai is to blame regards the championship scenario. I think that is just a combination of circumstances of which he is not one. In terms of Pendlebury he's obviously just taken an opportunity to get involved at international level as the vast majority of others would do. I'm not really sure which individuals people have in mind when they assert that Young stymies development.