Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Bon Matin Tout Le Monde!  (Read 10631 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Bon Matin Tout Le Monde!
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2019, 02:12:45 PM »
Depends on the Edinburgh team put out. Recently under Cockerill they tend to perform.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2019, 02:14:50 PM »
Just met some Irish lawyers part of a Gaelic football team over here for a match and a splinter group attending tonight.

Chilham

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2019, 05:28:12 PM »
Manifestation expected at place Pay Berland, from where the tram heads to the stadium. Lots of gendarmes in riot gear set up ready. Don’t know if it’s the pompiers or gilets jeune.

Chilham

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2019, 05:41:44 PM »
Les gilets jeune. Apparently. Their anniversary.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2019, 06:12:59 PM »
Just watching Clermont/Quins. Having seen what Raka and Paco are doing, we need to get a firm grip on Radrada.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2019, 06:33:06 PM »
Good evening from Wales. Not going to watch the gane- got tickets for Marillion appearing with a classical quartet. I shall, if course, catch the game later.
I fear for the result - of the rugby rather than the music, but each to their own.
Enjoy especially those at the game, I hope you don't run out of "allez" s.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2019, 07:46:43 PM »
Currently a mild dry night.

13thWarrior

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2019, 08:59:14 PM »
Is this the game thread? Looking fiairly tidy apart from the line-out which is dismal.

They are makig more yards in contact, which given the size of their pack is not all that surprising. Real positives for us are J. Willis proving a real menace at the breakdown, Wolstenholm looking assured and Fekitoa making yards ball in hand. Searle not looking stellar going forward, might like to see Umaga. COYW

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2019, 09:11:21 PM »
Wolstenholme is a real star in the making.
Both Willises impressive but Jack is truly exceptional.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2019, 09:22:21 PM »
Searle looking good ball in hand but bad from the high balls.

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2019, 09:32:21 PM »
Our bloody defence, how many years does it take to sort out. We are rushing as individuals and not a team, massive dog legs all over the place

13thWarrior

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2019, 09:52:25 PM »
So Fekitoa guilty of a drop or 2 and shooting up allowing Radradra to set up a score, but then makes Robson's try, so a mixed bag.

Why oh why do we kick it with 2 minutes left and needing to march the ball up the field? Gives them the ball and then they score, sealing the BP and preventing us from getting once. Infuriating madness.

We defended well in parts, but then get sloppy either around the ruck (Higginbotham try) or further wide (other 2 tries in 2nd half).

Our maul is emerging as a serious weapon! Just hope we can sort out lineouts so we get to use it more often. They were often contesting with 2 jumpers admittedly which is unusual and proved disruptive, but we can and must do better. Scrum solid, and T. Willis carried well off the base. Wolstenholm great game. Nice to see Launchbury back and getting 80 minutes, he worked hard, smashed people in the tackle.

Searle dropped a few high balls, but nice kicking out of hand. Don't really see our backline sparking though, I wonder how often BS, MlB, and MF have played together? Our line breaks were never from a set move but from individual players beating the man in front of them.

Watched on TV so may have a different opinion to those at the ground (or indeed, anyone else who watched on TV!).

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2019, 10:04:40 PM »
Some really good things but unfortunately outweighed by some poor stuff then some really dumb stuff.

We do have some really good players but we also have players not good enough players, why didn’t Dai use Umaga, I think Searle is ok but nothing more, just didn’t get that decision.

Wasps are really frustrating to watch

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2019, 10:05:58 PM »
Really, I though Searles kicking from hand was atrocious bar one penalty, in open play it was terrible. Fekitoa again didn't show up until the 70th minute but when he does its decent. I only knew Watson was playing because I saw him on the stadium walk in, not his fault as the wingers didn't really get a look in.
The scoreline was unfair, that was a good performance and deserved more.
Bordeaux are a team of absolute monsters, to compete with them and i'd argue we had them under pressure in the scrum is a feat in itself. The pack were very good, even the replacements. I don't need to say anything about Jack, world class, so I'll save it for a couple of notables.
Wollestone - for me, our best available 9, what a game, his management was excellent. I thought Ash put in a shift and kept the energy. Howlett was strong in the scrum and gave everything. Boog played better than I have seen him for a while. I never want to see Searle under a high ball again, just leave them.
Disappointing result but encouraging performance, well done the lads. In the prem that would have beaten alot of teams.

Chilham

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2019, 10:10:45 PM »
Given where we are, it looked decent to me, except for the line-out. Some good defence, some mistakes. Need to get Fekitoa with the programme.

Bring on Agen.