Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Lima  (Read 3150 times)

AKWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Lima
« on: December 02, 2019, 07:22:53 AM »
The social media legend he is, he’s just posted a message quashing the rumours and saying he’s here to stay. He’s a very talented player who needs things to go his way and I hope he can get back into the 15 on merit (or at least push Jacob to the next level trying to do so).

As a player who’s been more open than most in terms of form it’d be nice to keep this thread positive because he’s a lovely guy and is clearly helping others in the squad learn the tricks of the trade.

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Lima
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2019, 07:40:25 AM »

I was surprised to hear rumours of his premature departure given that Malakai had just arrived

You'd have thought they'd have chatted before he signed a contract, so if Lima hated it to the point of wanting to leave, I wouldn't have expected Fekitoa to have signed.

Fingers crossed that it so comes good for him, and us

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2019, 07:41:56 AM »
I'm happy he has said that.

Lima hasn't been great, although I would say inconsistent more than anything as he has shown those touches that got him into the All Blacks squad, but then he also hasn't been the terrible player that most like to make out he is. Coming in to replace Cips was never going to be an easy task especially with most of the haters which can easily be seen after any match he plays in, he got slated the other week after he came on for the last 15mins for not keeping the momentum going, all the players were knackered and the momentum was long gone before he came on, but that was obviously LIma's fault ::)

He seems to have fitted in with the squad and seems on the surface to be working well with Jacob & Billy to help them improve.

I'd hope he can really push on this year. But we do need a squad that plays together regularly which does seem to be a struggle for Wasps in the last few years.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2019, 08:10:54 AM »
I just wonder how he would perform at Bristol with Pat Lam and all the islanders in the squad?

I bet that you would see a much more confident player.

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2019, 12:40:36 PM »
I don't think it was ever thought he'd be leaving. The article states the 3rd year option he has on his contract wouldn't be triggered. It didn't say by which party.
Nice guy yes, talented yes..is it working, probably not as he or wasps had hoped.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2019, 03:23:28 PM »
I don't think it was ever thought he'd be leaving. The article states the 3rd year option he has on his contract wouldn't be triggered. It didn't say by which party.
Nice guy yes, talented yes..is it working, probably not as he or wasps had hoped.

Can't argue with this. I've been saying for a long time that he will come good, but other than a few flashes of brilliance he hasn't managed it yet.

It'll be a real shame if he goes, but because it hasnt worked as well as we hoped, not because we are losing a pivotal player.

If he turns it around and shows what he's capable of I will happily take that back.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2019, 08:54:22 PM »
Personally I'd be delighted if he stayed. We need all the continuity we can get. There's absolutely no reason why it has to be Sopoaga versus Umaga. I'd be happy going into any season with LS, JU and BS.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2019, 09:41:50 PM »
For someone able to pay attention, what positions were everyone in the last 10 minutes? Lima replaced Minozzi. Who went to 15?

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2019, 09:45:23 PM »
Umaga.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2019, 10:12:50 PM »

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2019, 10:19:58 PM »
Jacob played a lot at 15 in NZ. Another of our illustrious 10s also played at 15 before he became the mercurial one.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2019, 10:44:00 PM »
Jacob played a lot at 15 in NZ. Another of our illustrious 10s also played at 15 before he became the mercurial one.

Yep, I was just wondering if perhaps we'd tried Sops at 12.