Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Budget issues  (Read 9038 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Budget issues
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2019, 05:10:50 PM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/rugby-union/50602421

The difference a billionaire makes over a millionaire. Sorry DR.

AND an area that wants its presence!
Let me tell you something cucumber

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2019, 07:17:31 PM »
It's a great point made up the thread that we seem further into the season than we are. We've played two home games in the league and won 1 of those. I take us to have an excellent chance of winning the other 9 possibly apart from Exeter and Sarries. That gives us a possible 7 wins. We'll pick a couple of away wins up and that should do.

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2019, 09:04:58 PM »
It's a great point made up the thread that we seem further into the season than we are. We've played two home games in the league and won 1 of those. I take us to have an excellent chance of winning the other 9 possibly apart from Exeter and Sarries. That gives us a possible 7 wins. We'll pick a couple of away wins up and that should do.
We are a qtr in and arguably 3 games that most will have down for a loss, thats the positive. Problem is others are going to be doing the same thing, some are already doing it.
The other scenario being we never quite get that last 5% and have a season of nearlies, shoulda's, coulda's..much like against LI.
I do take positives from the games we lost, LI & Glaws aside, they were awful. I hope that switch flicks.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2019, 10:12:51 PM »
My main worry is looking at Newcastle last season. They were up and down in form, but "not fair off" in their first 8 fixtures, but only won 2. And never recovered.

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2019, 09:07:41 AM »
A run of 2 or 3 wins and things start to look a lot better.  And that applies equally to most of the Premiership, not just Wasps.  I think narrowing down a potential relegation scrap to two or three teams at this stage is a tad premature.  Currently 9 points between 11th and 4th, and any one of those in between could find themselves moving up or down that group in the space of just a few games.  I'm damn sure Worcester and Irish aren't sitting in 4th and 6th at the moment happily thinking they have already escaped a potential relegation scrap.  Unfortunately, it's hard to see the required run of results going Wasps' way soon given the upcoming fixtures.  Next sequence includes Worcester, Leicester and Irish though, so more possibilities there.  In the mean time, beat Quins at home and things start looking a little rosier.