Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Mark Rigby  (Read 4480 times)

Beckenham Bandit

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Mark Rigby
« on: December 07, 2019, 05:48:00 PM »
Mark Rigby starring in a pro Labour and pro Corbyn video a few days after his daughter Holly Rugby was exposed as a pro Corbyn hard left anti semite. Hmm.

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1203207512708792320?s=21

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Mark Rigby
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2019, 06:14:53 PM »
Eh? I'm missing the rugby link .. or is the link that the  daughter changed her surname from rigby to rugby?

Beckenham Bandit

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2019, 06:28:37 PM »
Why bother posting this on both DW and this board? You, I take it, stick your head up Bojo's bum. Oaf.

Mark Rigby is still the president of Wasps. Or has that escaped your attention? I doubt the Jewish supporters of Wasps are pariticularly pleased. Or many others I should imagine.

Beckenham Bandit

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2019, 06:30:30 PM »
Eh? I'm missing the rugby link .. or is the link that the  daughter changed her surname from rigby to rugby?

Mark Rigby is the president of Wasps. Indeed a Wasps photo was used in that video.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2019, 06:53:51 PM »
I'm puzzled as to why a person who publically stated they were not a supporter of wasps would go to the trouble of registering on a wasps forum to post a deliberately provocative link and then expect anything other than a hostile reception.

This is your one and only warning.  This is not DW, if you troll here you will be banned and your posts removed.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2019, 07:44:22 PM »
Nasty piece of work. Waste of space. Get rid of him now, VV.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2019, 08:03:00 PM »
I know Becks of old. I'm sure I'll come to regret it, but everyone gets one chance.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2019, 09:38:58 PM »
Glad to see the asswipe's thread has been removed from DW.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

MarleyWasp

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2019, 10:14:23 PM »
Why bother posting this on both DW and this board? You, I take it, stick your head up Bojo's bum. Oaf.

Mark Rigby is still the president of Wasps. Or has that escaped your attention? I doubt the Jewish supporters of Wasps are pariticularly pleased. Or many others I should imagine.

Speaking as a Jewish supporter of Wasps, I'm not really all that bothered by the video. Working in the social housing sector, I agreed with his anti-Conservative comments. His daughter however sums up the reason why this time round I won't be voting Labour either.

I dare say you won't approve with my view not fitting your expectations but we're all entitled to choose and voice our own opinions, and that applies to the Rigby family.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2019, 01:40:21 AM »
I am happy to defend the posting of a link to this video.
There is a Wasp link here, and it is clearly relevant to Wasps if a member of the Wasps hierarchy is in it. That is obvious and frankly unarguable, regardless of who posted it.

The comments coming with it are milder than those on DW about politics in the past, where there are a couple of people who parade their exceptionally strong views periodically, so I am surprised it has been removed, although I have not viewed the thread.

I won't discuss politics here, however. My personal FB feed is full of people acting like pompous arses telling me how to vote and think, in three sentences or less,  and I don't want to be another one of them to people here, beyond saying that Wasps should not be associated with any political party in any way, shape or form, beyond indirect links such as the Vodafone deal being facilitated by a Conservative mayor, for example, or relationships with the Labour Cov council etc.
People are of course entitled to their personal views, but the club should steer clear. I am sure they will.

The views of family members are rather less relevant, of course. You don't choose family.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 01:58:52 AM by westwaleswasp »

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2019, 06:59:36 AM »
I think I rememember bandit from the DW site but I was under the impression he wasn't a wasps supporter (was/is he Sarries). Maybe he is a Wasps supporter but with strong Jewish links. Who knows?

I'm not sure a rugby forum is the ideal place to post political or religious views. There's plenty of other forums, online newspapers where you can do that but they also have moderators and filters.. the link back to Wasps is tenuous at best.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2019, 08:40:37 AM »
He was a Wasps fan, but pre move, and still posts from time to time on DW.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2019, 08:52:41 AM »

Made a big point of renouncing his support of Wasps to the point of changing his name from Beckenham Wasp, to Beckenham Bandit.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2019, 10:17:14 AM »

Made a big point of renouncing his support of Wasps to the point of changing his name from Beckenham Wasp, to Beckenham Bandit.

There were a few others elsewhere!

Old Geezer

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2019, 10:42:12 AM »
this thread is overtly political.  You will find fans who are across the political spectrum on this site and even if they different political views they have rugby and Wasps in common.  I didn't like the fact that the original post survived on this site but I also deplore the political responses.  IMHO this and all political posts should be banned and removed.  Anto Labour and anti Tory posts have no place on this site.