Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Ex Vs Salaries  (Read 4492 times)

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
Ex Vs Salaries
« on: December 29, 2019, 05:02:36 PM »
Thats how you play rugby. Salaries out on their feet at the end having been outplayed everywhere and lucky to get the 7.
Justice.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Re: Ex Vs Salaries
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2019, 05:11:48 PM »
Can't say it was exciting or enjoyable to watch. Like watching two steam trains with hug rams at the front continually stepping back and then thumping into each other. Itoje up to his usual trick of slapping the lineout receiver's arm throughout the match. It's a numbers thing. He only got pulled up for it once. You would think that all officials would be watching for him doing it.

The silly punch up and red card for Williams was plain stupid. He should get an extra couple of weeks for stupidity. Farrell his usual self shouting at the ref. Why don't thy march him back the very first time he does it?

Chiefs were very marginal at so many rucks/breakdowns, and in the end it cost them a penalty try. Again, its a numbers game.

SteveTodd

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2019, 05:12:36 PM »
It is a shame that they got the bonus point, and an even bigger shame that they could not have been deducted more than 35 points. I don't think that it is fair that they have cheated, and appear to still be benefiting from that cheating, and a team that has obeyed the rules will be relegated. It looks likely that they will avoid relegation, but I hope that they don't.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2019, 05:19:53 PM »
Maybe they can open the books mid season and do them another 35 points.
Even better, vote to strip their titles for the years in question.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2019, 05:20:58 PM »
Can't say it was exciting or enjoyable to watch. Like watching two steam trains with hug rams at the front continually stepping back and then thumping into each other. Itoje up to his usual trick of slapping the lineout receiver's arm throughout the match. It's a numbers thing. He only got pulled up for it once. You would think that all officials would be watching for him doing it.

The silly punch up and red card for Williams was plain stupid. He should get an extra couple of weeks for stupidity. Farrell his usual self shouting at the ref. Why don't thy march him back the very first time he does it?

Chiefs were very marginal at so many rucks/breakdowns, and in the end it cost them a penalty try. Again, its a numbers game.

How BV stayed on I just don't know. Barnes was weak.
Let me tell you something cucumber

SteveTodd

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2019, 05:25:33 PM »
Maybe they can open the books mid season and do them another 35 points.
Even better, vote to strip their titles for the years in question.

That had crossed my mind too, and I admit it is purely selfish to hope for that, because if it happened, next season we would still have the team that would have otherwise been relegated (maybe us!) as well as the newly promoted team, so much weaker at the bottom of the table, which is also good for next season too.

Eezamarlowman

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2019, 05:48:30 PM »
Not a bad weekend. Wasps bonus point away win and a loss for the salary cheats. They really didn’t like it much today either, like a bunch of stroppy teenagers. Love it !

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2019, 05:51:54 PM »
Thought it was like watching paint dry personally but just took a bit longer. The least entertaining side in the league playing a bunch of cheats. I do admire what Exeter have done but I couldn't watch them every week. Sarries I just can't take seriously now. It's just a shame they're the best two clubs at the minute (points wise at least).

WickedWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2019, 05:55:32 PM »
Loved how the Exeter 7 played. Hard as nails.

Love any defeat for Salaries. Daly will fit in well there. Owen and billy were an embarrassment today.

Old Geezer

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2019, 06:14:33 PM »
I thought Barnes had a weak game today.  Apart from the view on Itoje, there were so many players a metre or so in front of the kicker so many times and Barnes was level but just ignored it on his altar of letting play continue regardless of the rules.  Also, when the fracas occurred it seems to me ( and I have watched it in slow motion several times) that the Saracens player deliberately used his body to lift the Exeter player in the air, probably because he was cross he had been tackled into Touch.  That started the fracas and for Barnes to simply say that all he saw was two players falling over each other was absurd.  What do you think started it Barnes?  I think at that point Barnes lost control of himself and awarded a penalty try when it was far from certain that a try woud have been scored - after all the offence was coming in at the side and not colllapsing a maul that was heading inexorably to the line.

That was how I saw it folks.

Glad the morally upright Exeter won and the morally bankrupt Saracens lost.

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2019, 07:08:53 PM »
With our 5 points and Tigers grabbing 2 points the Salary cheats have gone backwards in their attempts to climb the table this weekend. This wont happen very often but it's very nice to see when it does.

RBB

• It’s like trying to tackle a snooker table!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2019, 07:13:53 PM »
I thought Barnes had a weak game today.  Apart from the view on Itoje, there were so many players a metre or so in front of the kicker so many times and Barnes was level but just ignored it on his altar of letting play continue regardless of the rules.  Also, when the fracas occurred it seems to me ( and I have watched it in slow motion several times) that the Saracens player deliberately used his body to lift the Exeter player in the air, probably because he was cross he had been tackled into Touch.  That started the fracas and for Barnes to simply say that all he saw was two players falling over each other was absurd.  What do you think started it Barnes?  I think at that point Barnes lost control of himself and awarded a penalty try when it was far from certain that a try woud have been scored - after all the offence was coming in at the side and not colllapsing a maul that was heading inexorably to the line.

That was how I saw it folks.

Glad the morally upright Exeter won and the morally bankrupt Saracens lost.

Billy V should have been given a yellow at least for his part in the whole childish melee, at one point when Barnes is telling him to walk away, he utters 'I am a grown ass man', not only is it disrespectful but it is also diabolical use of the language! Barnes bottled that, Williams rightly a straight RED, Billy should have got a YELLOW (as a minimum).
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 07:18:08 PM by RBB »
It was fine when I left it.....

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2019, 08:05:08 PM »
'I am a grown ass man'

Maybe Wayne simply didn't understand him. I certainly didn't.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2019, 08:12:10 PM »
If the RFU had any balls and intent to stamp this out it would cite him.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2019, 08:58:22 PM »
They should cite him. Rugby is still a long way the right side of the line in terms of treatment of officials but it won't take much for that to slip. Hughes asking for a yellow and now Vunipola with a ridiculous sulk and some sort of protest to Barnes about being fully grown (ironic). It's coming from the same sort of player - entitled, spoilt, bigged up. Cite them every time until they get the message.