Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Teams Up for Saints  (Read 3419 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Re: Teams Up for Saints
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2020, 05:24:09 PM »
Naiyaravoro for example was both immense and rubbish against us last season, let's hope we see the player that was rubbish as he was a monster on the first fixture.

Keep putting the ball in behind him and watch him resemble a bulk carrier trying to reverse course.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2020, 06:18:25 PM »

I have some faith in West.
When he's played previously he's done ok.

Owlett, I have some reservations about, although they're mostly based on how our scrum struggled at the latter stage last week.
However, putting him on the other side of the scrum fills me with trepidation.

It's not like switching sides in the 2nd row, or switching wings.
There's physical, technical and tactical differences between the different prop positions.

I'm afraid that I really think we need West to not only be great, but also be great for a full 80

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2020, 06:27:17 PM »
I rate West very highly. The more game time he gets, I reckon we will see a quality player emerge.

The lads will not lack for motivation this week. Last week was a real confidence booster.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2020, 10:43:09 PM »
Getting some continuity at last which had seen us sharper in attack. LH starts to become a worry. Unluckiest player in the squad must be De Jongh as Fekitoa really is starting to look the complete 13. I want to see Sopoaga fit. There seems to be a bit of relief that he isn't as it secures Umaga as starter. Umaga would start anywhere and I'd rather have a quality back up.

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2020, 10:51:33 PM »
I also rate West highly and he’s been unlucky not to have played more due to us being quite well stocked at LH over the last few years and them seemingly being a little more robust than our THs have been.
Came through obviously with Stuart from their school days, played England U20 whereas Stuart didn’t as far as I’m aware.
Stuart is bigger and more explosive in the carry but West has never let us down in the scrum. Has served time in the championship and A League and now deserves his chance, arguably should have progressed more under Dai, but again has had a lot of competition ahead of him

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2020, 10:15:10 AM »
I also rate West highly and he’s been unlucky not to have played more due to us being quite well stocked at LH over the last few years and them seemingly being a little more robust than our THs have been.
Came through obviously with Stuart from their school days, played England U20 whereas Stuart didn’t as far as I’m aware.
Stuart is bigger and more explosive in the carry but West has never let us down in the scrum. Has served time in the championship and A League and now deserves his chance, arguably should have progressed more under Dai, but again has had a lot of competition ahead of him

Both were in the u20s. And when paired together had the English scrum running forwards, joyous to watch.

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2020, 10:38:50 AM »
I do like the Continuity but 12 is a massive problem for me, I really would like to see Lima playing there, as I think 10 is just not working for him plus Umaga keeps getting motm so for me he is by far 1st choice.

We have got to have another option at 12 MLB is not good enough.

Simon McIntyre is starting to really worry me, not sure he will come back.

West is a good find and getting game time will only help him, unfortunately I do think we will struggle to match saints Physically