Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Morning all  (Read 1902 times)

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Morning all
« on: January 05, 2020, 01:42:05 AM »
Another early morning from me to you all. Not going today, sadly, just too much with an impending return to work, and have spent the last three nights in three different cities. Plus Sundays suck if the train is involved. This might be one of those years I don't make more home games than I do away.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 09:35:06 AM by westwaleswasp »

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Morning all
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2020, 06:45:18 AM »
That really was an early one! In my book, anything before 5am is still night!!

Morning all, best wishes to you and yours. If we needed reminding of the importance of backing up the performance last week then Tigers' bonus point win against the same team yesterday should do just that. I just hope that the players can go out and enjoy their rugby, try a few things and be on the look out for opportunity.

Loose head is a worry, but at least he has Brookes and a big second row pair around him, plus he will have been training for it, not just put there during the game.

Here's to a great game, Come on You Wasps!

Notso

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2020, 07:42:00 AM »
Morning WWW, morning Notso, and morning all!

I know we are perfectly capable of winning this, but I'm struggling to believe we will.

Will be watching anyway though.

#COYW
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2020, 07:57:11 AM »
Morning all from a misty South Bucks.

Fingers crossed on this one. We can win, but need to be at our best for the 80 mins.

#COYW

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2020, 08:13:59 AM »
Morning all.

Very dull here but dry so hopefully a straightforward drive - the googly one currently suggests 2 and half hours so not bad.

Tend towards the VV thoughts. A couple of years ago would be travelling with confidence but like the team it is fairly brittle. They have strikers everywhere who need containing.

Last week was fantastic so boys another one please!

Safe travels all.
Let me tell you something cucumber

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2020, 08:48:03 AM »
Morning all, I'm still in bed but getting a bit peckish so will get up in a minute.

We're off to the game later and very much looking forward to it. Does anyone else on here go in the Old Windmill on Spon Street pre game?

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2020, 09:43:22 AM »
Morning from J18 off the M4 (North, not towards Bath!)

Dull and slightly damp this way - brightening up - coffee in hand, cricket on TV.

Like others, I'm with VV on this game - we're perfectly capable of winning but I'm struggling to believe we will. TV for me today - me and the dog (my Lurcher, Myrtle - who is a rugby fan - least when walking near games - she want to run on an join in!) will be watching - hoping for the best.

IF we click.....we can make it very hard for Saints, but they are a couple of seasons on from their low point and are now confidently going onto the pitch with clarity over their game plan. They have been good value for their league position too.

If you offered me a LBP, here and now....I'd be tempted!

Chilham

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2020, 09:52:09 AM »
Morning WWW, morning all

Big game.  Hoping for a big performance.  More nervous than usual.

Come on .... you Wasps too-loo-rye-aye!

@Coddy - Choppers used to go in the Windmill pre-match, and get a taxi to the ground.  Not seen him this season.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2020, 10:14:06 AM »
Morning all from a dull and dreary Hastings. I look forward to all Wasps' games with varying degrees of confidence. Saints are playing some attractive rugby and I do wonder if we can keep up with them this afternoon. I would take a losing bonus point now, but I hope for more. I would be surprised if LI came away with anything against the Exe, so with a little bit of luck we could be above them by the end of the day.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2020, 10:15:21 AM »
Morning all. Heading for the Ricoh in a bit. Intriguing to see how last weeks win translates into this week. Saints can score freely and we have found a bit of cohesiveness so could be a big scoring game. We can't settle for LBP's at home - we must win. I think once we get ahead of London Irish we'll be ok.

Tervueren

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2020, 10:37:40 AM »
Morning all from not do sunny Northamptonshire,  hopefully the weather is reflecting how the neighbours will will following a stunning 5 point victory for Wasps. Heading for the Ricoh with hope, if not expectation.

13thWarrior

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2020, 01:55:36 PM »
Morning all from a surprisingly bright Dundas, Ontario. Bit gutted we've lost Launchbury due to illness, worried we will struggle to match their physicality up front now. But if we hit lines like we did against Bris we can score tries so I retain some hope.

COYW!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2020, 02:07:32 PM »
On the concourse and more Saints fans than Wasps. Alternate world?
Let me tell you something cucumber