Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Team's Up  (Read 4207 times)

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Team's Up
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2020, 03:52:13 PM »

The last injury update said that Rowlands was back in training I believe.

So, by Worcester, we may have Launchbury, Rowlands, Flament, Matthews, Cardall and Theo

Suddenly, 2nd row isn't looking like a problem

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2020, 06:40:55 PM »
Except for selection!
I want Flament to continue to get game time this season, and Cardell. Both are really talented players.

WickedWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2020, 07:35:20 PM »
I agree been impressed with both and the promise they have shown. Our lineout has done well with Matthew's, especially in defence. I understand why but I think too often we allow them clean ball close to our line to set up a rolling maul. I get why we dont contest on times but even if we half heartedly threw someone up in the front with one lifter just make the throw a bit more difficult it would be something.
Matthew's took a big knock last weekend and should have seen another card but maybe hes playing because if we can secure our lineout ball it gives some platform to a mix and match team.
I am excited to see what some of the younger players can do. Especially with Gopps and Sopps to move them around. I fancied Sopps was playing better before his illness.

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2020, 07:49:07 PM »
Actually, i think Mathews lineout work has been excellent recently.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2020, 08:15:23 PM »
I don't think I'd have started Gopperth, Matthews, Sopoaga or Vailanu. There's just nothing on this game. I'd have gone James FB, Miller 10, Cardall SR and anyone who's ever played in the backs at 12. I sometimes think Dai is a victim of his own integrity in situations like this. I appreciate fans will be travelling to Agen but I'm sure all of them would be happy to see us survive rather than win this one.

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2020, 08:35:11 AM »

Is the selection of Bacon on the wing because:

A) we don't have any fit senior wingers?
  B) we want to protect the wingers that are fit and ensure they don't get injury?
  C) Bacon is seen as a real talent who is likely to be challenging the senior players next season and therefore this is excellent experience for him?

I'm hoping it's option C, but I know nothing about him and I don't recall his name being mentioned alongside the other academy prospects

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2020, 09:06:34 AM »
Pudsey mentions on his Twitter he is having to redo a shirt as there was a change in the squad after he left with all the gear on Thursday.
Just pondering whether that might have been Odogwu / James out and Bacon in or Cardell out and Matthews in?

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2020, 10:50:13 AM »
I'd have thought James would play in this one. He's been on the books a long time, but hasn't really stepped up. I wonder if they just don't think he has enough of whatever they think the right stuff is?

Quite surprised Paolo isn't playing, after his long lay off you'd think he'd need a bit of game time