Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Agen - WARNING  (Read 1856 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Agen - WARNING
« on: January 08, 2020, 12:42:43 PM »
Anyone travelling to Agen should be aware that it appears there is a Train Strike around this weekend. Not sure of all days but please check if you are intending to travel this way.

There are buses from Bordeaux and Toulouse but again check carefully as some treat the motorway junction as the bus stop!

Let me tell you something cucumber

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Agen - WARNING
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2020, 09:18:58 PM »
Anyone who gets there, see you in Cafe Foy, Place du Jasmin after the game.

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2020, 09:30:25 AM »
I know it's a meaningless game, and aside from those of us making the trip there's probably not much interest, but thoughts on the team?

Obviously I expect a lot to be rested, but who do we have fit and registered?  Looking at the ECC website it seems the squad registration rules have been relaxed this year, so there is no longer a limit to Euro squad sizes as in previous seasons. (Not sure if this is for this season only due to the early rounds coming so soon after the WC?)  So we have basically a full squad to select from, including academy.

https://www.epcrugby.com/club/wasps/#players

A few more experienced players who are fit (I think) and have been short of game time recently such as Bassett, Miller, de Jongh, Searle, Lima, Johnson, Shields.  Is Odogwu's suspension over now?  Probably then enough emerging academy talent to put out a strong, youngish side with a good dollop of experience mixed in and no need to risk too many front line squad members.  I'm sure Agen's side will be similarly inexperienced.  With nothing at stake, best I'm hoping for is a good, open game (weather looking good) and hopefully Wasps on the right side of the result as any win should give the squad a bit of a lift.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2020, 10:15:05 AM »
Agen are concentrating on the Top 14 as they are in danger so a good team selection but not their first team players can be expected. Wasps need to have a mixture because a win is a must for team and supporter morale.  Idogwu is clear and in training to answer the question. Others like the Bassets and Millers need game time. It will be interesting and the weather seems to be with us.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2020, 08:22:00 AM »
Just met an Edinburgh fan at the airport. He expects us to take 60 points of Agen. I laughed. He asked why and I said a good win would be nice. A few kilts no the plane.