Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Barf v. Queens  (Read 2406 times)

Old Geezer

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Barf v. Queens
« on: January 11, 2020, 09:50:28 AM »
....reminded me just how boring rugby can be to watch.  The Laws were changed to mimic Rugby League to make rugby more open and exciting but all that did was to encourage bash bash bash up the middle and IMHO has worked to the detriment of the game and resulted in more injuries from collisions.

I had a fairly massive library of old matches on video tape and many were so old they came from the days you could kick into touch from anywhere.  ironically, they were often much more exciting to watch.

Moan over.

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Barf v. Queens
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2020, 09:56:35 AM »
I chose to watch La Rochelle v Sale as thought that would be the better game and by the sound of it, it was by some distance.

BdeB

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2020, 10:34:19 AM »
I think that is slightly rose tinted glasses. There were some absolute stinkers back in the day as well. It is a different game nowadays but you still get some good and some bad games. If you watch the BaaBaas v NZ 73 generally agreed to be one of the best games of the amateur era there were some terrible and messy passages of play in that game from the very best players in the world.

Old Geezer

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2020, 02:30:19 PM »
I am prone to a bit of nostalgia!

welsh wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2020, 03:56:09 PM »
Quite right OG.
Oh for a 3-0 win on a cold & muddy pitch - just like Bath’s Rec - with me freezing to death on the wing. No nice watermen bringing on the occasional drink.