Always a Wasp

Author Topic: TRP  (Read 6164 times)

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
Re: TRP
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2020, 09:22:21 PM »
I thought both comments were supposed to be light hearted.

Mine was - for some reason the smilies at the end got lost between me hitting submit and it appearing on screen.

AKWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2020, 12:17:48 AM »
Don't want to be a downer, but has anyone considered that we have a lot of talent at 9. How can we acommodate it when Vellacott returns, I mean he is a pretty great prospect.

Dobby and Vellacott in the Prem, Porter and Wusty in the Cups.

Agree it’s worrying how we might keep hold of all that quality, especially as none of them are likely to retire any time soon and are mostly future investments. Would hope that all of them put their hands up for selection and it means we have 4 choices of 9 when we really don’t mind who gets picked.

Could also see Vellacott on the wing or covering 9 and wing from the bench as he had a purple patch last year when both him, Heinz and Braley were in undroppable form

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2020, 07:35:27 AM »
Factor in that at least one will probably have a knock or an injury and it takes care of itself. I thought it was a huge coup to get Vellacott and one that went sort of under the radar. I think if he comes back ok from his injury he'll be an international 9 within a year or two. Great shame we haven't seen him this year.

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2020, 08:14:16 AM »

For me, porter isn't close to being first choice yet and we have no idea what vellacott will be like after his injury.

Wusty is showing well and if he can consistently perform at such a level and continue to improve as well, then we'll have a quality 9 on our hands before long.

However, best case scenario we're progeny looking at another season or 2 before it starts to become a problem for getting them all game time