Always a Wasp

Author Topic: House of Rugby  (Read 1557 times)

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
House of Rugby
« on: January 16, 2020, 07:46:07 PM »
Mike Friday is the guest. Very Wasps centric with some great Wasps stories from the days...real good listen.
Alex Reider next week.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 08:55:49 PM by Hymenoptera »

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: House of Rugby
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020, 09:40:41 AM »
I enjoy watching them. They manage to get a good varied selection of guests on. Haskell can be bit OTT sometimes though and his occasional digs at Wasps is a bit annoying

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: House of Rugby
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2020, 12:58:14 PM »
I like House of Rugby a lot.  Between that and The Rugby Pod with Jim and Goodey it’s nice to hear insight into the game with former stories, as well as not taking it too seriously.

Having had the pleasure of meeting Haskell on a couple of occasions whilst he can come across as loud and brash in these things and he generally is loud and brash, he’s a personable guy who is happy to make time for others when they’re not being idiots.

He is who he is and he makes no real bones, or apologies about that.  He’s comfortable in himself and I think that’s to be admired.  It was the same with Genge last week.  He was very open about his background, how privileged he is to play rugby and earn good money from.  He tries to give back to his old community and still keeps in touch with old friends and he works hard.  Good for him.  Someone mentioned on here that he needs to stop trying to be a gangster, I don’t think he is.  He’s been open about controlling his temper and doesn’t glorify his past, he just doesn’t try to hide it.

Tindall is just brilliant on there when he’s on.  Never knew much about him, but a real character.