Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Engerland  (Read 2621 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Engerland
« on: January 20, 2020, 12:11:23 PM »
Launch and Jacob picked. No Jack or Dobby.

All the normal cheats though.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Chilham

• View Profile
Re: Engerland
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2020, 12:12:20 PM »
Congratulations to Jacob.  Launchers too.

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2020, 12:29:21 PM »
Funny old squad.  Still baffling scrum half selections, continuing to plug away with Youngs who has consistently shown that his best years are far behind him and Heinz who will be 37 by the next WC and can't even be said to offer experience or stability while a replacement is identified.
Staggering that Jack Willis has been overlooked, but England are well-stocked there, and it's certainly Wasps' gain.
Why is Kruis included when it is widely expected that he will be heading for Japan in the summer?  With Kruis in, if WC selection is anything to go by then we could get Joe back for at least some of the 6N weeks.
Congrats to Jacob.  Probably the most surprising inclusion TBH. (But that's not to say undeserved)

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2020, 12:31:55 PM »
Im a Jacob fan but really???
Dobby for sure doesnt get a nod but that doesnt mean the others should remain in squad., surprised Willis and Jonny Hill get overlooked.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2020, 12:54:43 PM »
Funny old squad.  Still baffling scrum half selections, continuing to plug away with Youngs who has consistently shown that his best years are far behind him and Heinz who will be 37 by the next WC and can't even be said to offer experience or stability while a replacement is identified.
Staggering that Jack Willis has been overlooked, but England are well-stocked there, and it's certainly Wasps' gain.
Why is Kruis included when it is widely expected that he will be heading for Japan in the summer?  With Kruis in, if WC selection is anything to go by then we could get Joe back for at least some of the 6N weeks.
Congrats to Jacob.  Probably the most surprising inclusion TBH. (But that's not to say undeserved)

The Ed is not employed up to the next WC so why should he care.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2020, 01:12:11 PM »
With Ford and Farrell, unless they both go down, we don't need a new starting 10. We could do with looking at a potential option in 4 years time, and I think Umaga has shown enough.

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2020, 02:35:25 PM »
I'd have expected smith over Jacob if youth was being introduced, we are talking 2 seasons Vs a handful of games and Smith outplayed him when we met.
I'm just surprised is all.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2020, 02:46:26 PM »
I'd have expected smith over Jacob if youth was being introduced, we are talking 2 seasons Vs a handful of games and Smith outplayed him when we met.

This. I am pleased for him but a little surprised so early.

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2020, 03:29:41 PM »
Massive congratulations to Jacob but a huge shame to lose him during this period, now with further support that he should be starting ahead of Sopoaga.

Sure Jacob will be released back to us each week unless there is an injury or if Farrell finally gets a suspension, but then Jacob would have missed training with the squad meaning Lima will start each week and the back line will probably continue to stutter.

Willis must have been very close but has some good competition ahead of him, Ted Hill coming in probably just pipped him but Hill is equally deserving in my opinion.

Congrats to Will Stuart too

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2020, 05:30:46 PM »

This. I am pleased for him but a little surprised so early.

Yes, I thought he might go on one of those summer tours- IIRC it is Japan this year- rather than a 6n call up. Congrats either way, though........

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2020, 06:36:48 PM »
You have to be pleased for Umaga. There's no doubt he's a real talent. However we could have really done with him and if I'm being honest Smith, at the moment, is a better 10. No doubt we'll lose Joe as well in order that he can carry water for a month. And if Ted Hill is a better player than Jack Willis I'll eat my hat.

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2020, 06:55:22 PM »
Ted Hill and Lewis Ludlam are good players, but Willis is outstanding by comparison

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2020, 07:18:22 PM »
You have to be pleased for Umaga. There's no doubt he's a real talent. However we could have really done with him and if I'm being honest Smith, at the moment, is a better 10. No doubt we'll lose Joe as well in order that he can carry water for a month. And if Ted Hill is a better player than Jack Willis I'll eat my hat.
Prob a case of he'll join up, train for a bit then in true EJ fashion, never get near the team again.