Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Points from Fan Forum (18th Jan)  (Read 3054 times)

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
Points from Fan Forum (18th Jan)
« on: January 19, 2020, 12:36:07 PM »
According to Stephen Vaughan yesterday Wasps are one of the top spenders, close to but not at the cap.

Also Wasps now own the future training ground at Henley-in-Arden and will be moving-in for next season. They don't need planning permission for that. A planning application for building alterations has been submitted, but that will not stop it being used as the training base. The only thing stopping it being used already is the state of the pitches, which are being redone in time for next season.

Other things talked about were the problem getting part time bar/refreshment staff (especially over the Xmas period), the possibility of a ST only area, and the cost of opening the fan village.

It is likely the Worcester match will be a double header, with Wasps Ladies, there will also be a Wasps Legends event that day, but I missed some of that discussion as to what that would involve.

They are hoping to increase the number of double headers next season, but that will depend on the RFU allowing the fixtures to be on the same day - they even want, on at least one day, to have a triple header with Wasps Netball playing in the morning.

They are still in communication with CCFC, with members of that organisation routinely visiting the Ricoh.

The PA system is being looked at - one thing the PA people have said is that Pete Nuttall's voice doesn't match the current setup!!!!!!

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Points from Fan Forum (18th Jan)
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2020, 12:49:32 PM »
Why on rugbypod is goodey saying we're no where near the cap? I don't get the conflict of information

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2020, 01:02:53 PM »
The question is whether Steven Vaughan's comments were referring to the spend this season, the anticipated spend next season, or even a little bit of fudging. "Close to" could mean anything at all really.

Good news about the training ground.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2020, 01:37:28 PM »

It is likely the Worcester match will be a double header, with Wasps Ladies, there will also be a Wasps Legends event that day, but I missed some of that discussion as to what that would involve.

The format mentioned in the forum for the legends day was to make sure it was an accessible event possibly in the Main Hall rather than them being hidden away in a function room so that supporters and legends could mix, at both parties request.

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2020, 01:41:20 PM »
The question is whether Steven Vaughan's comments were referring to the spend this season, the anticipated spend next season, or even a little bit of fudging. "Close to" could mean anything at all really.

The other point SV raised about the cap was due to the various credits for England players, eqp players and academy players the 7 million figure is a very movable one depending on these, not even factoring in marquees, so "being near to the cap" can be various levels of figure for each club.

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2020, 10:51:18 PM »
That confirmation about Henley is excellent news. It was starting to look like there were reasons it couldn't happen. They have and will be using a wholly owned facility that they can call their own and they can modify and improve over time.

RogerE

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2020, 10:18:39 AM »
Forgot to mention there is now a dedicated email address for fans to report back problems/suggestions about matchday experience, ticketing etc

feedback@wasps.co.uk

I daresay they would prefer if it wasn't used for commenting about on-pitch matters!

Rifleman Harris

• Wasps Rugby Fan and MND Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2020, 10:30:03 AM »
Forgot to mention there is now a dedicated email address for fans to report back problems/suggestions about matchday experience, ticketing etc

feedback@wasps.co.uk

I daresay they would prefer if it wasn't used for commenting about on-pitch matters!

Just back problems or can we report any problems?

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2020, 10:36:31 AM »
I must admit I use the STH email questionnaire after every match to make points - all ignored of course. Under improvements I have mentioned that the team winning would improve matters.
Let me tell you something cucumber

RogerE

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2020, 11:10:17 AM »

feedback@wasps.co.uk

Just back problems or can we report any problems?

Boom Boom - as Basil Brush would have said to the late Mr Derek

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2020, 01:26:24 PM »
I must admit I use the STH email questionnaire after every match to make points - all ignored of course. Under improvements I have mentioned that the team winning would improve matters.

The idea of the e mail address as explained to us was to be able to feedback on people's specific feedback rather than the generic surveys. I think the survey information is read but is obviously prioritised by those issues being raised most, for example I know many people, myself included, have raised car park C and there is a meeting with the operators about it this week.
I think the format the fans forum is taking from now on where questions are submitted in advance by the members of it will make it easier for Roger and I to get your questions across rather than the hands up / call out approach previously which meant some issues didn't always get air time.